Reddy at IIFA, 2012
|Born||14 December 1980 (age 35)
Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Akshai Varde (2014–present)|
|Relatives||Meghna Reddy (sister)
Sushma Reddy (sister)
Sameera was born on 14 December 1980 in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh to a Telugu Reddy family. Her father Chinta Poli (C. P.) Reddy is a businessman, while her mother Nakshatra, referred to as Niki by her daughters and in the media, was a microbiologist and worked with an NGO. She has two siblings, Meghna Reddy, a former VJ and supermodel, and Sushma Reddy, a Bollywood actress and model, both elder to her. She did her schooling at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai and graduated from Sydenham College.
Reddy first appeared in ghazal singer Pankaj Udhas's "Aur Aahista" music video in 1997, when she was a graduate. Sameera was meant to make her debut as an actress in Saravana Subbiah's Tamil film, Citizen, during late 2000, but eventually did not feature. She caught the attention of Bollywood and was cast in a pivotal role in the 2002 Hindi film Maine Dil Tujhko Diya. In 2004, she appeared in Musafir.
Reddy appeared in the Tamil film Vaaranam Aayiram directed by Gautham Menon, opposite Surya Sivakumar, which was a blockbuster. Reddy's acting and modest portrayal of a confident and down-to-earth girl earned her rave reviews. She was signed for two films of Gautham Menon: Yohan Adhyayam Ondru and Dhruva Natchathiram. They were eventually dropped.
Reddy is a big fan of American talk show queen Oprah Winfrey. She met Oprah during the former's visit to India at the welcome party hosted by Parmeshwar Godrej. As the television celebrity was reportedly impressed by Sameera's saree, she was presented a similar saree as a gift by the actress before she left India.
- "Indian Celebrities — Nikki Chintapoli Reddy, Made For Each Other". ShaadiTimes. 2008-10-17. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Reddy-made memories, Lifestyle — Leisure — Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror". Punemirror.in. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Haute and spicy". MiD DAY. 2002-09-15. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Basu, Arundhati (2005-12-10). "The Telegraph — Calcutta : Weekend". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Girl interrupted". MiD DAY. 2006-02-17. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Mumbai (Bombay), India, Sari and Catsuit, 1999, Photo of the Day, Picture, Photography, Wallpapers — National Geographic". Photography.nationalgeographic.com. 2001-06-25. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- Barkha MathurBarkha Mathur, TNN (2008-02-09). "Why star siblings don't make it big — The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.comTimes of India. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Metro Plus Kochi / Cinema : Reddy reckoner". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2010-03-11. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "I love the bombshell tag: Sameera Reddy — Entertainment — DNA". Daily News and Analysis. 2010-02-28. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "Maria Alkasas Wins First Ever Online Beauty Pageant". AdaDerana.lk. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Shekhar (20 January 2012). "Sameera Reddy Gift | Star Oprah Winfrey | Lime Green Saree | Shantanu Nikhil Sari". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Sameera Reddy ties the knot today". Times of India. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Sameera Reddy and Akshai Varde to marry in April 2014". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- ""Motherhood is very humbling" - Sameera Reddy"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sameera Reddy.|