Sameh Naguib (The one with the microphone)
|Employer||American University in Cairo|
|Political party||Revolutionary Socialists|
Sameh Naguib (Arabic: سامح نجيب, IPA: [ˈsæːmeħ næˈɡiːb]) is an Egyptian sociologist at the American University in Cairo, a socialist activist and a leading member of the Trotskyist organization the Revolutionary Socialists. In 2006 he described Hezbollah's defeat of the Israeli Defense Force in the Lebanon War as "a very important victory for the anti-war movement worldwide", claiming it prevented or delayed US and Israeli plans to attack Iran and Syria. Naguib has also criticized others on the far-left of not differentiating between Islamic organizations such as al-Qaeda - whom he labels a network of "individual terrorists", Hamas and Hezbollah - "national liberation movements", and the Muslim Brotherhood - "reformist mass movements". In 2007, Naguib was a speaker at the fifth Cairo Anti-war Conference, which he used as a platform to condemn former President Hosni Mubarak and pointed to Egypt's striking workers as a way forward for the movement:
- [T]he struggle against Mubarak’s regime is just in its beginning and not end as the regime hopes. Despite the constitutional coup, passed by force and forgery, the Egyptian state terrorism will not intimidate us. Their laws and dictatorial constitution will not deter us from fighting for freedom and justice. 
He is the author of several articles and a pamphlet, The Egyptian Revolution: A Political Analysis and Eyewitness Account (London: Bookmarks, 2011).
- Revolutionary Socialists
- The Egyptian Revolution: A Political Analysis and Eyewitness Account by Sameh Naguib (London: Bookmarks, 2011).
- "Egypt’s workers: Between party politics and unionization". Al-Masry Al-Youm. 1 May 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Conversation with an Egyptian socialist". Socialist Worker (US). 23 February 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Sameh Naguib in Egypt: ‘Israel’s defeat has transformed the region’". Socialist Worker (UK). 26 August 2006. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Interview: Egypt’s strike wave". International Socialism. 28 September 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "5th Cairo Anti-War Conference opens". 3arabawy. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
|This Egyptian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an African activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|