|Word/name||Arabic and Persian|
|Meaning||Arabic: loved Persian : princess|
|Related names||Samantha, Samir|
Samira (also spelled Samirah, Sameera, and Sameerah /sæˈmiːrə/, Arabic: سميرة Persian: سميرا) is an Arabic and Persian female given name. The Arabic version is derived from the root s-m-r relating to the masdar tasāmur (Arabic: تسامر) ultimately meaning she who is of pleasant company and loved. The masculine version of this name is Samir. In Persian language and heritage it is associated with the meaning princess and is derived from the name of an ancient Persian princess Semiramis. It can also be in reference to the village Samiran in Iran which was named after the princess. 
- Samira Ahmed (born 1968), British television reporter
- Samira Bellil (1972–2004), French feminist working for the rights of women in traditional Muslim settings
- Samira Besic, German of Bosnian origins singer with the Eurodance group Maxx
- Samira Makhmalbaf (born 1980), Iranian film director
- Samira Said (born 1958), Moroccan pop singer
- Samira Shahbandar, Saddam Hussein's second wife
- Samira Tewfik (born 1935), Lebanese Syrian singer of Bedouin dialect
- Samira Wiley (born 1987), American actress
- Sameera Al Bitar (born 1990), Olympic swimmer from Bahrain
- Sameera Moussa, Egyptian nuclear scientist
- Sameera Perera (born 1988), Sri Lankan cricketer
- Sameera Reddy (born 1980), Indian film actress
- Sameera Saneesh, Indian costume designer in Malayalam film
- "H. Anthony Salmoné, An Advanced Learner's Arabic-English Dictionary, سَمَرَ". www.perseus.tufts.edu. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "Samira - Meaning And Origin Of The Name Samira | BabyNames.co.uk". Baby Names. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
- "Samira - Meaning of name Samira at BabyNames.com". www.babynames.com. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
- "The meaning of name Samira and origin Arabic". www.first-names-meanings.com. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|