|Born||11 June 1993|
Auburn, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (16 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Five-eighth, Centre, Lock, Second-row|
As of 24 March 2019
Samisoni Langi (born 11 June 1993) is a Tongan rugby league footballer who plays for the Catalans Dragons in the Super League. A Tongan international representative five-eighth, Langi previously played for the Sydney Roosters in the National Rugby League.
Langi was born in Auburn, New South Wales and is of Tongan descent. He played his junior rugby league for the Berala Bears. While attending Trinity Catholic College, Auburn, he was selected to play for the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges Schoolboys and the Australian Schoolboys teams, both in 2011.
Langi played for Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in the National Youth Competition before being signed by the Sydney Roosters. On 20 April 2013, Langi made his international debut for Tonga in their Pacific International against Samoa, scoring two tries and kicking four goals in a man-of-the-match performance. Playing at centre, Langi made his NRL debut for the Roosters on 19 August 2013, in their round 23 match against the Wests Tigers. On 27 August 2013, Langi was named at five-eighth in the 2013 NYC Team of the Year. Langi was a member of Tonga's squad for the 2013 World Cup. He played in all three of Tonga's matches, kicking a total of 7 goals.
On 19 October 2014, Langi played at five-eighth in Tonga's match against Papua New Guinea. On 2 May 2015, he played for Tonga in the 2015 Polynesian Cup against Samoa. He missed Tonga's first two conversion attempts, and the goal-kicking duties were given to Solomone Kata for the remainder of the match. In 2016, Langi joined the South Sydney Rabbitohs' feeder team, the North Sydney Bears, in the New South Wales Cup. On 7 May 2016, he played for Tonga against Samoa in the 2016 Polynesian Cup, suffering a game ending injury inside the opening 10 minutes.
Langi joined the Penrith Panthers in 2017, playing for their New South Wales Cup team. In June 2017 he moved to Leigh Centurions on a deal lasting until the end of the season. He was named as 18th man for Tonga's 2017 Pacific Test against Fiji.
- "Samisoni Langi". penrithpanthers.com.au. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- "Samisoni Langi - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project.
- "ROUND 15 PREVIEW: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs vs Sydney Roosters". 26 Rounds. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Samisoni Langi". Penrith Panthers. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- Lahoc, Gabriel (20 October 2014). "Kumulswin". The National. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- Gabor, Martin (7 May 2016). "Samoa holds on in pulsating Pacific Test". NRL.com.
- "Samisoni Langi: Leigh sign Tonga international until the end of the season". BBC Sport. 23 June 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Samoa and Tonga squads announced". NRL.com. 28 April 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Samisoni Langi: Catalans Dragons sign Tonga international on two-year deal". BBC Sport. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samisoni Langi.|