|Hubs||Faleolo International Airport|
|Focus cities||Asau, Salelologa|
|Company slogan||Spirit of Savaii|
|Key people||Chris Langton (CEO)|
On 21 June 2012, a Samoa Air aircraft almost collided with a Polynesian Airlines aircraft near Fagali'i. Both aircraft were on the same flight path. Civil Aviation issued a stern warning to Samoa Air for failing to follow standard operating procedures. Samoa Air's CEO, Chris Langton, disputed the outcome of the investigation.
Pay by weight
The fare is calculated by multiplying a base fare (depending on the route flown) by the total weight of the passenger plus their luggage. So a passenger flying from Apia to Asau weighing 80 kg and carrying 20 kg of luggage would pay US$132 for the flight (100 kg x US$1.32 base fare), while another passenger weighing 60 kg and traveling without luggage would pay US$79.20 (60 kg x US$1.32 base fare) for the same flight. Children are charged in the same way at a 75% rate.
|Destination||Country||IATA Airport Code||ICAO Airport Code||Airport|
|Auckland||New Zealand||AKL||NZAA||Auckland International Airport|
|Apia||Samoa||APW||NSFA||Faleolo International Airport|
|Pago Pago||American Samoa||PPG||NSTU||Pago Pago International Airport|
|Britten-Norman Islander||0 - Decommissioned||—||9|
- "New airline to service Samoa's Savai'i". Radio New Zealand International. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Netzler, Jasmine (25 August 2012). "Near mid air collision in Samoa investigated". samoanews.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Samoa Air Issued Stern Warning For Near Collision". Pacific Islands Development Program. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Report "flawed and smacks of incompetence"". Samoa Observer. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Samoa Air boss says near air collision findings flawed". Radio New Zealand. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Haroon Siddique (2013-04-02). "Samoa Air says charging passengers by weight is 'concept of the future'". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- Marnie Hunter (2013-04-03). "Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'". CNN. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Flight Schedule". Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- "Samoa Air defends 'pay-as-you-weigh' pricing". Al Jazeera. 2013-04-04. Retrieved 2013-04-09.