|Intercommunality||Pays de Seine|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Jean-François Robinet|
|Area1||6.33 km2 (2.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||330/km2 (850/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77441 / 77920|
|Elevation||41–115 m (135–377 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
It is located near Fontainebleau.
It is famous for being the town to which Django Reinhardt retired, and hosts an annual jazz festival in his honor. It is also the home to Reverchon Industries, a major global bumper car and other amusement ride producer. It is the birthplace of French jazz singer Cyrille Aimée. It has a lively community, with a Primary school, a weekly market, a baker, a butcher, two café/bars, several restaurants and hotels. A bus also provides a link to the nearby town of Fontainebleau/Avon.
Inhabitants of Samois-sur-Seine are called Samoisiens
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
- Ronni Reich, October 21, 2012, Star-Ledger, Cyrille Aimee wins the first Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Competition, Retrieved February 22, 2015, "...instantly recognizable sound: a soft, girlish buzz with a touch of an Edith Piaf-like quaver....Aimée honed her skills growing up in the village of Samois-sur-Seine, ... In 2007, she was named winner of the first and public prizes at the Montreux Jazz Festival Competition. ... rhythmically driven style"...
- "Population avant le recensement de 1962". Cassini. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Recensement de la population au 1er janvier 2007". INSEE. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samois-sur-Seine.|
- The Django Reinhardt Jazz Festival
- Reverchon Website
- Official site (French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (English)
- French Ministry of Culture list for Samois-sur-Seine (French)
- Map of Samois-sur-Seine on Michelin (English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|