|Died||27 July 2019 (aged 94)|
|Alma mater||Patna University (B.Com)|
|Occupation||Founder and chairman of Alkem Laboratories|
|Net worth||US$3.3 billion (October 2017)|
Samprada Singh (1925 – 27 July 2019) was an Indian businessman, who was the founder and chairman of Alkem Laboratories, which develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical formulations and nutraceuticals in India. It has operations in Europe, Africa, the Asia Pacific, South America, the United States and India.
Alkem Laboratories is now the 5th largest pharmaceutical company in India. In 2017, Samprada Singh had an estimated net worth of $3.3 billion. He died on 27 July 2019.
Early life and business career
Samprada Singh was born in Jehanabad, Bihar. He founded Alkem Laboratories Ltd along with his younger brother Basudeo Narayan Singh, in 1973 and served as its chairman and his brother is the current managing director of Alkem.
Honours and awards
- In 2009, Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit & Awards founded by Satya Brahma awarded Samprada Singh with Lifetime Achievement Award for building Alkem as a top Indian Pharma Company.
- In 2017 Samprada Singh received the Ernst and Young 'Entrepreneur of the Year in Healthcare and Life Sciences'.
- In 2017 Samprada Singh was ranked as the 43rd richest man in India by Forbes magazine.
- "Bihar origin Samprada Singh is 48th richest Indian". www.bihartimes.in. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "Samprada Singh & family". Forbes. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- Samprada Singh. "Samprada Singh: Executive Profile & Biography – Businessweek". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Ramesh Narayan (7 February 2008). "A patriarch in winter". Business Line. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "Alkem Laboratories founder Samprada Singh passes away". The Economic Times. 27 July 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- Announcement (9 April 2009). "Pharma Leadership Summit brings together healthcare fraternity". Business Standard India. Retrieved 22 September 2016.