This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Joint stock company|
|Industry||oil&gas, energy, mining and metallurgy, telecommunications,transportation, real estate.|
|Predecessor||Samruk and Kazyna|
|Revenue||5 124 bln KZT|
|Total assets||$74, 1 billion|
|Owner||Government of Kazakhstan|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||KazMunayGas, Kazatomprom,Kazakhstan Temir Zholy, Air Astana, Samruk-Energy, Kegoc, Tau Ken Samruk, Kazpost|
Samruk-Kazyna (Kazakh: Samuryk-Qazyna), officially known as the National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna", is a sovereign wealth fund and joint stock company in Kazakhstan which owns, either in whole or in part, a number of major companies in the country. This includes the national rail and postal service, the state oil and gas company KazMunayGas, the state uranium company Kazatomprom, Air Astana, and others. The state is the sole shareholder of the fund. It was created in October 2008 with the merger of two funds, "Samruk" and "Kazyna", by decree of the president of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev. Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Bakhytzhan Sagintayev was appointed as chairman of the board of directors at the National Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC by a government resolution dated September 28, 2016. Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Management Board of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC-Umirzak Shukeyev. Independent directors- Sir Richard Harry Evans, Alper Akdeniz, Wilhelm Bender.
The fund is a member of the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds and are signed up to the 24 Santiago Principles which are a voluntary standard of best practice endorsed by the members for the management of the Sovereign Wealth Funds.
Organizations owned by Samruk-Kazyna
The following is a partial list of organizations partly or wholly owned by the Samruk-Kazyna fund. The percentage of shares controlled by the fund is indicated in brackets. 576 subsidiaries and associated companies are included in the Fund's group of companies (as of June 30, 2014).
- «KazMunayGas» NC (90%)
- «Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company» JSC (90%)
- «Kazakhtelecom» JSC (51%)
- «Kazpost» JSC (100%)
- «Kazakhstan Engineering» JSC (56,35%)
- «Pavlodar Airport» (100%)
- «Aktobe Airport» (100%)
- «Air Astana» JSC (51%)
- «Samruk-Kazyna Contract» LLP (100%)
- «Samruk-Kazyna Invest» LLP (100%)
- «Samruk-Energy» JSC (100%)
- «Real Estate Fund Samruk-Kazyna» JSC (100%)
- «Kazakhstan Temir Zholy» JSC (100%)
- «Kazatomprom» JSC NC (100%)
- «United Chemical Company» LLP (100%)
- National Mining Company «Tau-Ken Samruk» JSC (100%)
- «Alliance bank» JSC (51%)
- «Shalkiya Zinc Ltd» JSC (100%)
- «KOREM» JSC (100%)
- KGF IM (100%)
- «Atyrau Airport» JSC (100%)
- «Karagandagiproshaht & K» LLP (90%)
- «Samruk-Kazyna Finance» LLP (100%)
Samruk-Kazyna implements a privatization drive to foreign investors to further develop a market based economy.
- Total assets amounted to 74,1 billion US dollars.
- Consolidated net income to shareholder at the end of 2017 - 601 billion KZT
- ROE in 2017 - 6.5%
- ROA in 2017 - 3.2%
- The number of employees of the holding - 312,4 thousand people
- Credit rating on liabilities in foreign currency BB+/B
- Credit rating in local currency BB+/B
- National scale rating - KzAA-
- Rating Outlook is «stable»
- Samruk-Kazyna JSC Appoints Bakytzhan Sagintayev as Chairman of its Board of Directors
- International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds. "IFSWF Our members". Archived from the original on 27 September 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds. "IFSWF Santiago Principles". Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Samruk Kazyna Privatisation Drive Offers New Investment Opportunitie". The Astana Times.