The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samsung DeX is an accessory sold first with Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices that extends the functionality to allow desktop-like functionality by connecting a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. The name "DeX" is a contraction of "Desktop eXperience". Samsung later announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 would also support the accessory.
The DeX Desktop can also be accessed with third party accessories like the Melopow Dock.
On 9 August 2018, Samsung announced that DeX will be natively supported by the Note 9 and the Tab S4, with only a HDMI connection from the device to an external display being necessary, facilitated by a USB-C to HDMI adapter. Whilst connected to a display, the device itself can function as a touchpad or continue being used in its usual fashion whilst DeX is operating.
- Easy Projection, a similar desktop mode found on the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 20 phones.
- Docking station
- ""Samsung Dex" is a Galaxy S8 dock that makes your phone into a desktop". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "Samsung DeX review". The Inquirer. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Chokkattu, Julian (2017-08-23). "Samsung DeX Station Review". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- "Samsung DeX: Closer to a Chromebook than convergence". PC World. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Samsung DeX's Expanding Ecosystem Pushes the Possibilities of the Smartphone". Samsung (Press release). Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- Page, Carly (2017-10-19). "Samsung DeX will soon run full desktop Linux". The Inquirer. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Linux On Galaxy Brings Desktop Software To Samsung Smartphones". Uber Gizmo. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
|This Samsung mobile phone-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|