This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||KRX: 009150 KRX: 009155|
|Headquarters||Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|CEO: Lee Yun Tae|
|Products||MLCC, Printed circuit board (PCB), Network module, Camera module|
|Revenue||US$ 4,992 million (2016)|
|US$ 20 million (2016)|
|US$ 19 million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$ 6,340 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Samsung Electro-Mechanics (三星電機, English: Samsung Electro-Mechanics) is a South Korean electronics subsidiary of the Samsung Group that manufactures electronics components. The company produces chip parts such as MLCCs, printed circuit boards, camera modules, network modules, and semiconductor substrates.
Established in 1973 as Samsung Sanyo Parts, the name was changed to Samsung Electric Parts the following year. The name was again changed to Samsung Electronics Parts in 1977, and then to Samsung Electro-Mechanics in 1987. The company is headquartered in Suwon, South Korea, with additional manufacturing facilities in Sejong and Busan. The company recorded revenues of 6.33 trillion Korean won and 24.4 billion Korean won in profits for 2016.
- March 1973: Established as Samsung Sanyo Parts, changes name to ‘Samsung Electric Parts’
- May 1977: Changes name to ‘Samsung Electronic Parts’
- February 1987: Changes name to ‘Samsung Electro-Mechanics’
- November 1990: Establishes ‘Samsung Electro-Mechanics Thailand’
- January 1994: Establishes ‘Tianjin Samsung Electro-Mechanics’
- July 1997: Establishes ‘Samsung Electro-Mechanics Philippines’
- May 2001: Establishes ‘Samsung High-Tech Electro-Mechanics (Tianjin)’
- April 2009: Establishes Samsung LED, an LED joint corporation with Samsung Electronics, October: Included in the ‘Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)’
- April 2010: Develops ‘World’s Smallest Ultra Slim Tuner’ 
- July 2010: Establishes ‘Kunshan Samsung Electro-Mechanics’
- September 2011: Competes Tianjin Binhai Factory in China
- October 2011: Develops world’s best performing 0603 2.2㎌ MLCC 
- July 2013: Establishes manufacturing base in Vietnam
- October 2013: Develops world’s best performing camera module 
- January 2014: Recognized for developing world's first wireless self-charging.
- MLCC (Multi-Layer Ceramic Capacitor) - Camera Modules - Rigid-Flex PCBs
Domestic worksite (Korea)
H.Q. & Suwon Plant
150, Maeyoung Road, Yeongtong-Gu, Suwon City, Kyeonggi Province 443–743, Korea
25, Samsung Road, Yeondong-myeon, Sejong 339–702, Korea
114, Noksansaneopjung Road, Gangseo-gu, Busan 618-270, Korea
27st Fl, Samsung Seocho-Tower 1320-10, Seocho 2-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-857, Korea
Tianjin Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd.(TSEM) 27, Heiniucheng-Road, Tianjin, China 300210
Samsung High-Tech Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd.(STEM) Xiqing Dist. Micro-Electronics Industrial Park, Jingang Highway, Tianjin, China 300385
Kunshan Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd.(KSEM) 8, Yoaning Rd, Kunshan E&T Development Zone, Jiangsu Province, P.R. China 215300
Samsung Electro-Mechanics Philippines Corp.(SEMPHIL) Block No. 5, Calamba Premiere International Park, Barangay Batino, Calamba, Laguna, The Philippines
Samsung Electro-Mechanics Thailand Co., Ltd.(SEMT) Wellgrow Industrial Estate, 93 Moo 5T. Bangsamak, A. Bangpakong, Chachoengsao 24180, Thailand
Samsung Electro-Mechanics Vietnam Co., Ltd.(SEMV) Yen Binh Industrial Zone, Dong Tien Ward, Pho Yen District, Thai Nguyen Province 250000, Vietnam
Overseas sales offices
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics America, Inc. 3655 North 1st Street San Jose CA 95134, U.S.
- Chicago Office 915 National Parkway Rd, Suite 91535, Schaumburg IL 60173 U.S.
- San Diego Office 10509 Vista Sorrento Pkwy #400 San Diego CA, USA 92121, U.S.
- Phoenix Office 4505 E. Chandler Blvd., Suite 115, Phoenix, Arizona, 85048, U.S.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics GmbH. Samsung Haus, Am Kronberger Hang 6, 65824 Schwalbach/TS, Germany
- London Office Samsung House 1000, Hillswood Drive, Chertsey Surrey KT16 OPS, UK
- Istanbul Office Harman Caddesi, Polat Plaza B-Block No.4, Kat4 Levent-80640 Istanbul, Turkey
- Helsinki Office 02601 Lars Sonckin Kaari 14 Espoo Finland
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics (H.K.) Ltd. 8/F., Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China
- Shenzhen Office46 F, New World Center, Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, China 518026
- Suzhou Plant Suchuan #17D Industrial Square, No.428 Xinlong Street, Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou, China 215000
- Beijing Office 24F, China Merchants Tower, No.118, Jianguo Rd., Chaoyang District, Beijing, China 100022
- Shanghai Office Rm. 1211, Shanghai International Trade Center No.2201 Yan An (W) Rd., Shanghai, China 200335
- Taipei Office 9F-1, No.399, Ruey Kuang Road, Neihu District, Taipei City 114, Taiwan R.O.C.
- Samsung Japan Co., Ltd. 17th Fl., Roppongi T-Cube Building,3-1-1, Roppongi, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 106-8532, Japan
- Osaka Office 6th Fl., Crystal Tower, 1-2-27, Shiromi Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-6006, Japan
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Private Limited. 3 Church Street Samsung Hub #23-01 Singapore 049483
- Bangkok Office 23rd Floor, Lake Rajada Bldg., 193/100 Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Penang Office 11700, 1-05-3A, Menara IJM Land, Lebuh Tunku Kudin 3, Gelugor, Penang, Malaysia
- Manila Office Block No. 5, Calamba Premiere International Park, Barangay Batino, Calamba, Laguna, The Philippines
- New Delhi Office 122009, Vipul Tech Square, 2nd Floor, Golf Course Road, Sector-43, Guragon, Haryana, India
- India Software Center Unit No. 201, 2nd Floor, World Trade Center, Brigade Gateway, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560055, Karnataka, India
As of January 2018 Samsung Electro-Mechanics’ Board of Directors is composed of 3 internal directors and 4 outside directors, and there are 5 sub committees within the Board of Director. These committees are the Compensation Committee, Management Committee, Audit Committee, Outside Director Nomination Committee, and the Internal Trading Committee. Currently, an outside director is serving as Chairman of the Board for Samsung Electro-Mechanics.
In the results of the evaluation of CDP(Carbon Disclosure Project) Korea Committee in 2016, Samsung Electro-Mechanics has been selected in CDP Korea Hall of Fame for three consecutive years in 2014.
In the 34th Energy-Saving Promotion conference awarding a prize to person who contributed to the improvement of energy efficiency and overcoming the power supply crisis, Chi-joon Choi, CEO of Samsung Electro-Mechanics was awarded the Siver Tower Industry medal with best honor
In 2005, Samsung Electro-Mechanics started to provide free artificial joint surgery for low income families as part of the company's medical support policy, and as of 2016, 514 beneficiaries from Gyeonggi-do, Chungcheong-do and Gangwon-do regions underwent the procedure.
Since 2006, a badminton tournament for disabled is regularly held annually, and about 3,000 people including the players, supporters and volunteer service teams participate from 16 cities around the country.
Since 2008, the national music competition for handicapped students, in which individuals or groups of students with developmental disabilities, visual impairment or physical disabilities can participate and compete, is being hosted along with TJB Daejeon TV.
- "Lee Chun Tek Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital, 500th free artificial joint surgergy". Maeil Business News. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "[Sharing with neighbors] Samsung Electro-Mechanis". Internet hankookilbo. 24 October 2012. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Samsung Electro-Mechanics forms an orchestra for disabled and provides free artificial joint surgery". The Financial News. 26 November 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Samsung Electro-Mechanics holds its first regular concert "Hello! SEM Orchestra". Internet hankookilbo. 17 June 2014. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samsung Electro-Mechanics.|