Samsung Galaxy A51
|Series||Samsung Galaxy A series|
(last letter varies by carrier and international models)
SCG07 (au, 5G)
SC-54A (NTT Docomo, 5G)
|First released||4G: 16 December 2019 |
5G: 29 April 2020
5G UW: 14 August 2020
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy A50|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy A52|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy A31|
Samsung Galaxy A71
158.5 mm (6.24 in) H
73.6 mm (2.90 in) W
7.9 mm (0.31 in) D
158.9 mm (6.26 in) H
73.6 mm (2.90 in) W
8.7 mm (0.34 in) D
158.8 mm (6.25 in) H
73.4 mm (2.89 in) W
8.6 mm (0.34 in) D
|Mass||4G: 172 g (6.1 oz) |
5G: 187 g (6.6 oz)
5G UW: 188.8 g (6.66 oz)
|Operating system||Original: Android 10 with One UI 2.0 |
Current: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
|System on chip||4G: Exynos 9611 |
5G (International): Exynos 980
5G (Japan)/5G UW: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
4G: 4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53
5G (International): 2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55
5G (Japan)/5G UW: 1x2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1x2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver
|GPU||4G: Mali-G72 MP3 |
5G (International): Mali-G76 MP5
5G (Japan)/5G UW: Adreno 620
|Memory||4G: 4, 6, or 8 GB RAM |
5G: 6 or 8 GB RAM
|Storage||4G: 64, 128, or 256 GB |
5G: 128 GB
|Removable storage||microSDXC |
4G: Expandable up to 512 GB
5G: Expandable up to 1 TB
|Battery||Lithium polymer (non-removable) |
4G: 4000 mAh
5G: 4500 mAh
|Charging||15W Fast Charging|
|Data inputs||USB Type-C|
|Display||6.5 in (17 cm) Super AMOLED FHD+ 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)|
|Rear camera||48 MP wide, 12 MP ultrawide, 5 MP macro, 5 MP depth|
|Front camera||32 MP|
|Sound||Loudspeaker, 3.5 mm auxiliary (headphone jack)|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0|
FeliCa (Japanese models only)
|Other||Optical fingerprint sensor (in display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is an Android smartphone manufactured by Samsung Electronics as part of its Galaxy A series. It was announced and released in December 2019. The phone has a Super AMOLED FHD+ 6.5 in display, a 48 MP wide, 12 MP ultrawide, 5 MP depth, and 5 MP macro camera, a 4000 mAh battery, and an optical in-screen fingerprint sensor.
The Galaxy A51 has a 6.5 in Super AMOLED Infinity O display with an FHD+ 1080 × 2400 pixel resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and a pixel density of ~405 ppi. The front glass is constructed of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The phone itself measures 158.5 mm (6.24 in) × 73.6 mm (2.90 in) × 7.9 mm (0.31 in) and weighs 172 g (6.1 oz). The phone is powered by an Exynos 9611 (10 nm) octa-core (4 × 2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4 × 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) chip and a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. At release, it came with either 4 GB or 6 GB RAM and either 64 GB or 128GB internal storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card up to 512 GB. Newer variants of the phone can come with up to 8 GB RAM. It comes with a non-removable 4000 mAh lithium polymer battery. It also has an in-display optical fingerprint sensor.
The Samsung Galaxy A51 has a four camera setup arranged in an "L" shape located in the corner with a rectangular protrusion similar to that of the iPhone 11 and the Pixel 4. The array consists of a 48 MP wide angle camera, a 12 MP ultrawide camera, a 5 MP macro camera, and a 5 MP depth sensor. It also has a single 32 MP front facing camera, which sits in a small punch hole on the front of the screen. Both the front and rear facing cameras can record video up to 4K in 30 fps, as well as 1080p in 30 and 120 fps. The rear cameras also have Super Steady.
On 2 December 2020, it was revealed that the Galaxy A51, along with many other Samsung Galaxy devices, would be eligible to receive the Android 11 upgrade with One UI 3.1. 
In a press release on August 18, 2020, Samsung stated that the A51, along with the Samsung Galaxy A71 and Samsung Galaxy A90 5G, would receive three generations of Android software support. Because of this, it is likely that the A51 will get two more major Android software upgrades after receiving Android 11. 
In Pakistan, Android 11 software update released on April 3, 2021 as forced update.
The Samsung Galaxy A51 was announced and released in December 2019 along with the Galaxy A71. Samsung later announced a 5G variant in April 2020 featuring a larger 4500mAh battery and an Exynos 980 SoC. A 5G ultra-wideband version with mmWave support is exclusive to Verizon powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G.
- "Samsung Galaxy A51 now available with 256GB storage". SoyaCincau.com. 2020-11-06. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Samsung Galaxy A51". GSMArena.
- "Samsung Announces New Galaxy A71 and Galaxy A51". news.samsung.com. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Galaxy A51". Samsung Mobile Press | Samsung Mobile press Official website. Retrieved 2020-02-25.
- January 2020, John McCann 07. "Hands on: Samsung Galaxy A51 review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- Khan, Sana. "Samsung Galaxy A51 - Full Specification, price, review, compare". Gizmochina. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Galaxy A51 8GB/128GB Black - Price & Specs". Samsung India. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Samsung Galaxy A51 review". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2020-02-25.
- "Galaxy A51 | SM-A515FZKWINS | IN". Samsung in. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- DelhiJanuary 29, Sushant Talwar Adoor/New; January 29, 2020UPDATED; Ist, 2020 17:29. "Samsung Galaxy A51 India launch: Price, specs and features". India Today. Retrieved 2020-02-25.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Samsung Android 11 update roadmap: When will you get One UI 3.0? (Update)". Android Authority. 2020-12-04. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- "Samsung Raises the Bar for Mobile Experience Innovation Committing to Three Generations of Android OS Upgrades". news.samsung.com. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- "A Splash of Color and Samsung Premium Care Come to Galaxy A51". Samsung US Newsroom. 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "Samsung Galaxy A51 5G - Full phone specifications". www.gsmarena.com. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- SamMobile. "Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F full specifications". SamMobile. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- de Looper, Christian (8 April 2020). "Samsung's Galaxy A71 and A51 pack 5G, starting at just $500". Digital Trends. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Lyles, Taylor (13 August 2020). "Samsung's most affordable 5G phone, the Galaxy A51, is now available on Verizon". The Verge. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
*: Upcoming phones for 20xx