Samsung Galaxy A8s
|Slogan||Seeing the future|
|Series||Galaxy A series|
|First released||December 10, 2018|
|Availability by region||December 2018|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy A8 / A8+ (2018)|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy A6 / A6+ (2018)|
Samsung Galaxy A6s
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy A8 / A8+ (2018)
Samsung Galaxy A8/A9 Star
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018)
|Dimensions||159.8 × 76.8 × 7.5 mm|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 710|
|CPU||Octa-Core 2x Kyro 360 2.2 GHz & 6x Kyro 360 1.7 GHz|
|Memory||6 GB/8 GB RAM|
|Removable storage||up to 512 GB|
|Display||6.4" IPS LCD FHD+ display 2340×1080px (19.5:9 Aspect Ratio)|
|Rear camera||24MP, f/1.7 (wide)|
10MP, f/2.4 (telephoto)
5MP, f/2.2 (depth)
with single flash
|Front camera||24 MP, f/2.0 (wide)|
|Connectivity||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot;|
Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, EDR;
The Samsung Galaxy A8s is a midrange Android smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics as part of the Samsung Galaxy A series. It was announced on 10 December 2018 primarily for the Chinese market. It is also sold as the Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2019) in South Korea.
The A8s is a triple camera smartphone produced by Samsung, featuring 3 different cameras on the rear. It features a 6.4 inch IPS LCD FHD+ Infinity-O Display without a notch. A circular hole is punched out in the top left corner of the display for the front camera, branded as the Infinity-O Display. It is also the first Samsung smartphone to not include a headphone jack.
The A8s features a 6.4 inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Unlike previous Samsung A series phones, this device uses a normal LCD panel rather than an AMOLED display. The new Infinity-O display features a full edge to edge display with a 6.7mm round hole punched out in the top left corner for the front camera.
The triple camera setup features a primary 24MP f/1.7 sensor for normal photography, a 10MP f/2.4 telephoto sensor with optical zoom and a 5MP depth sensor for effects such as bokeh. The front camera is a 24MP f/2.0 sensor in a pin-hole punched out in the display.
It runs Android 8.0 "Oreo" with Samsung Experience 9.0 respectively out-of-the box, however it is upgradable to Android 9.0 "Pie". The smartphone features an upgraded Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC consisting of 2 performance 2.2GHz kyro 460 and 6 efficient 1.7GHz kyro 360 backed by a new Adreno 616 GPU and sports 6 GB/8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage, expandable to 512 GB via a MicroSD card slot, through a dedicated SD card slot.
Following the unveiling, Samsung announced that the device will go on sale in only in the Chinese market, with no announcement to release in other countries. However, on 25 January 2019, the phone was announced in South Korea as the Galaxy A9 Pro.
- "Samsung Galaxy A8s arrives in South Korea as Galaxy A9 Pro". gsmArena. 25 January 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2019) with Infinity-O display and triple rear cameras announced". INDIATV. 25 January 2019.
- "Samsung Galaxy A8s with screen hole design to launch today". livemint. 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- News, Marc Chacksfield 2018-12-11T09:15:09Z. "The Samsung Galaxy A8s is a triple-lens powerhouse that drops huge hint about the Samsung Galaxy S10". digitalcameraworld. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Samsung Galaxy A8s price, specifications, features, comparison". NDTV Gadgets 360. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Move over notch, the hole-punch smartphone camera is coming". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-12-11.