Samsung Galaxy Ace
3G 850/900/1800/1900 MHz;|
3.5G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps 900/2100 MHz (Canada HSDPA 850/1900 MHz)
TD-SCDMA(China Mobile Variant)
|First released||UK 1 February 2011|
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus|
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
112.4 mm (4.43 in) H |
59.9 mm (2.36 in) W
11.5 mm (0.45 in) D
|Weight||113 g (4.0 oz)|
|Operating system||Android v2.3.6 (Gingerbread)(unofficially upgradable to 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod 11)|
800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227-1 Turbo, ARMv6 (GT-S5830) |
832 MHz Broadcom BCM21553 ARMv6 processor (GT-S5830i)
Adreno 200 GPU (GT-S5830) |
Broadcom BCM2763 VideoCore IV GPU (GT-S5830i)
|Memory||384MB RAM (accessible: 278MB)|
|Storage||512MB (accessible: 180 MB)|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 32 GB|
|Battery||1,350 mAh, 5.0 Wh, 3.7 V, internal rechargeable Li-ion, user replaceable|
Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen |
Capacitive touch-sensitive buttons
TFT LCD, 3.5 in (89 mm) diagonal. |
320×480 pixels HVGA (165 ppi) with Gorilla Glass
|Rear camera||5-Mpx 2560×1920 max, 2x digital zoom, autofocus, LED flash, VGA video recording 640×480 pixels MPEG4 at 30 FPS|
3.5 mm jack |
Bluetooth v2.1 (v3 in S5830i) with A2DP
Stereo FM radio with RDS
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Other||Gorilla glass display, Swype keyboard|
The Samsung Galaxy Ace (also known as Samsung Galaxy Cooper in some territories) is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung that runs the open source Android operating system. Announced and released by Samsung in February 2011, the Galaxy Ace features an 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor with the Adreno 200 GPU. It is available in black, with back covers in three different colors: black, purple and white.
In January 2012, Samsung announced its successor, the Galaxy Ace Plus, and have since released as successor models the Galaxy Ace 2 in May 2012, the Galaxy Ace 3 in July 2013, and the Galaxy Ace 4 in August 2014.
The Galaxy Ace is a 3G smartphone, offering quad-band GSM and announced with two-band HSDPA (900/2100) at 7.2 Mbit/s. The display is a 3.5 inch TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with its protection by a Gorilla Glass and has HVGA (320x480) resolution. There is also a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, capable of recording videos at QVGA (320x240) resolution and VGA (640x480) resolution with the Gingerbread update, and a 1350 mAh Li-Ion battery.
Android firmware for S5830i can be flashed on S5839i (or vice versa) because they use the same hardware, but not S5830, as it does not.
The Samsung Galaxy Ace has a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with a resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels. It has a LED flash along with the camera for low-light scenes. It also has face and smile detection and geotagging, but does not have a shutter key. The contrast and brightness can be adjusted through on screen menu. It is also capable of up to 2x camera zoom.
Having an Adreno 200 GPU, and a lower processor with a lower screen resolution, the Galaxy Ace cannot run high-definition games; however, third-party developers can port some games to work on the Galaxy Ace. As in the GT-S5830i model, the device uses VideoCore IV which may introduce some improved characteristics but has major issues with games since neither Broadcom nor Samsung shares the source code; 3D games that work in original model might have incompatibilities with GT-S5830i. Games and Applications that are ported for the ARM6 do work on this phone.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500[L/T/W]) is a later generation of the Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830), which was released in 2011. It features a 800MHz single core processor and it also includes the upgraded GUI and TouchWiz 4.0 interface.
- "Telus Samsung Galaxy Ace Details". GSM Arena. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Samsung GT-S5830T Galaxy Ace Specs". Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "Samsung Galaxy Cooper S5830 Officially Announced |". Samsung.
- "Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Officially Announced | Mobile Phone Tips and Review". Nokiafanboy.com. 2011-01-27. Archived from the original on 2011-05-29. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "White Samsung Galaxy Ace announced (in South Korea)". Unwired View. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Play and Share Faster and Smarter with the GALAXY Ace Plus". Samsung View. 2012-01-03. Archived from the original on 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Samsung introduces the new GALAXY Ace 2 and GALAXY mini 2". Samsung View. 2012-02-21. Archived from the original on 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "GSMArena Samsung galaxy ace - camera".
- "Broadcom BCM2835 SoC has the most powerful mobile GPU in the world?". Archived from the original on 2012-02-18.