Samsung Galaxy Note 9
|Brand||Samsung Galaxy Note|
|Slogan||The new super powerful Note|
|Series||Samsung Galaxy Note|
|First released||9 August 2018|
|Availability by country|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Note8|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy S9|
|Operating system||Android Oreo 8.1 with Samsung Experience 9.5|
|System on chip||
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (in the U.S. & China)Samsung Exynos 9810 (outside the U.S. & China)
Exynos: Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)Snapdragon: Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
Exynos: Mali-G72 MP18Snapdragon: Adreno 630
|Memory||6 GB (128 GB model) or 8 GB (512 GB model)|
|Storage||128 GB or 512 GB UFS 2.1|
|Removable storage||microSD card support up to 512 GB.|
|Battery||4000 mAh (non-removable)|
Other: S-Pen Physical sound volume keysBixby key
|Rear camera||Dual 12 MP (1.4 μm, f/1.5/2.4) + 12 MP ((1.0 μm), f/2.4), Dual OIS, 4K at 30 or 60 fps (limited to 5 min), QHD at 30 fps, 1080p at 30 or 60 fps, 720p at 30 fps and slow motion at 960 fps|
|Front camera||8 MP (1.22 μm, f/1.7), autofocus|
|Sound||Stereo speakers tuned by AKG with Dolby Atmos support|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, location (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou)|
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 is an Android phablet smartphone designed, developed and marketed by Samsung Electronics as part of the Samsung Galaxy Note series. It was unveiled on 9 August 2018, as the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Many Galaxy Note9 features were leaked before the official launch, including its S-Pen. On 27 June 2018, Samsung sent out invites for the next "Unpacked" event, showing a gold S Pen image. According to that teaser, it was announced on 9 August 2018.
The Note9 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC in the U.S. and China or a Samsung Exynos 9810 SoC outside the U.S. & China. It has 128 or 512 GB storage options. The 128 GB model has 6 GB of RAM while the 512 GB has 8 GB of RAM. All models also have a microSD card slot that can support a microSD card that stores up to 512 gigabytes of data, expanding storage up to 1 terabyte with the 512 GB model.
The Note9 has IP68 water & dust resistance and a USB-C connector that supports Samsung DeX without a dock and the phone also has a 3.5 mm headphone jack along with AKG tuned stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support.
The Note9 has fast wireless charging capabilities via the Qi standard.
The Note9's battery has been significantly upgraded from previous Samsung Galaxy phones; it has a 4000 mAh battery, which up until this point had only been seen the Active variants of the S7 and S8.
The camera system is a dual camera setup with one lens having a dual-aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4) system similar to the S9+'s camera system, but the setup is flipped horizontally rather than vertically, similar to the Note 8's setup.
There is also a water carbon heat pipe on the phone as part of the touting towards its gaming capability allowing for longer gaming sessions without throttling.
The biggest change to the Note9 is to the S-Pen. The S-Pen now has Bluetooth capabilities, including the ability to tap the button on it (hold, single or double) to do certain tasks, such as moving forwards or backwards in presentations or taking photos, and third party support is provided for apps via an SDK.
The S-Pen now has a "battery" (essentially a Super Capacitor) that charges when the pen is docked in the silo, with Samsung claiming 30 minutes of usage (or up to 200 clicks of the button) with only 40 seconds of charging. 
Camera software has been further improved and now includes an intelligent camera function to help recognise scenes.
- "Samsung reportedly plans Galaxy Note 9 announcement on August 9th". The Verge. Archived from the original on 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Galaxy Note 9 Release Date and Features Revealed". Tom's Guide. 2 June 2018. Archived from the original on 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Snelling, David (2018-06-03). "Galaxy Note 9 release revealed and this is date Samsung fans should put in their diary". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 specs and features revealed in detailed hands-on".
- "Samsung announces Galaxy Note 9 event for August 9th".
- SamMobile. "Samsung CEO spotted using the Galaxy Note 9 in public". SamMobile. Archived from the original on 24 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Samsung Mobile Chief DJ Koh Spotted Using Galaxy Note 9". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 retail box caught on camera". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 6 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 retail box snap leaks phone specs ahead of launch". V3. Archived from the original on 7 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 retail box reveals full specs ahead of August 9 launch". India Today. Archived from the original on 6 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Will Feature In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor". 7 August 2017. Archived from the original on 10 August 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date, price, news and leaks". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Mobilizujeme.cz". mobilizujeme.cz (in Czech). Archived from the original on 14 June 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will ship with 6GB of RAM". Digital Trends. 30 April 2018. Archived from the original on 9 June 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Rumors: Release Date, Specs and More". Tom's Guide. 4 May 2018. Archived from the original on 10 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Black, Marie. "Is the Galaxy Note 9 the latest to get the notch treatment?". Tech Advisor. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note 9 leaks and rumours: release date, price and specs". T3. Archived from the original on 7 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Galaxy Note 9 Price, Release Date and Specs: What you need to know". Trusted Reviews. 15 April 2018. Archived from the original on 15 April 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Archive". SamMobile. Archived from the original on 8 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Trending Details (2018-05-07), Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Release Date, Specifications, price And Rumours, retrieved 2018-05-10
- "Galaxy Note9 S Pen - Stylus Pen with Android Remote Control | Samsung US". Samsung Electronics America. Archived from the original on 10 August 2018. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
| Samsung Galaxy Note9