Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Beyond2 (S10+)BeyondX (S10 5G)
SM-G977x (S10 5G)
(Last letter varies by carrier and international models)
|First released||8 March 2019|
|Availability by region||March 6 (Australia, United States, United Kingdom, South Korea, China, India) March 8 (other regions)|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy Fold|
|Type||Smartphone (S10e and S10)|
Phablet (S10+ and S10 5G)
142.2 mm × 69.9 mm × 7.9 mm (5.60 in × 2.75 in × 0.31 in)
149.9 mm × 70.4 mm × 7.8 mm (5.90 in × 2.77 in × 0.31 in)
157.6 mm × 74.1 mm × 7.8 mm (6.20 in × 2.92 in × 0.31 in)
162.6 mm × 77.1 mm × 7.9 mm (6.40 in × 3.04 in × 0.31 in)
|Operating system||Original: Android 9.0 "Pie"|
|System on chip||Worldwide: Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820|
USA, Canada, China, Japan and Latin America: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
|CPU||Exynos: Octa-core (2x2.7 GHz, 2x2.3 GHz and 4x1.9 GHz)|
Snapdragon: Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz, 3x2.42 GHz and 4x1.8 GHz) Kryo 485
|GPU||Exynos: Mali-G76 MP12|
Snapdragon: Adreno 640
|Memory||S10e: 6/GB 8 RAM|
S10: 8 GB RAM
S10+: 8/12 GB RAM
S10 5G: 8 GB RAM
|Storage||S10e: UFS 128/256 GB|
S10: UFS 128/512 GB
S10+: UFS 128/512/1024 GB
S10 5G: UFS 256 GB
|Removable storage||S10e, S10 and S10+: microSD card support up to 512 GB|
S10 5G: non-expandable
|Front camera||10MP Front Camera (S10e and S10)
10MP Front + 8MP Depth Camera (S10+)10MP Front + 8MP 3D Depth Camera (S10 5G)
|Sound||Dolby Atmos stereo speaker|
Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac/ax3G/LTE (and 5G on S10 5G model)
|SAR||S10e: Head/Body = 0.58/1.58|
S10: Head/Body = 0.48/1.59
S10+: Head/Body = 0.52/1.58
|Hearing aid compatibility||M3/T3|
Samsung Galaxy S10 is a line of Android smartphones manufactured by Samsung Electronics. The Galaxy S10 series is a celebratory series of the 10th anniversary of the Samsung Galaxy S flagship line. Unveiled during a press event, Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2019 on February 20, 2019, they started shipping on March 8, 2019, and in some regions such as Australia and the United States, they started shipping them on March 6, 2019.
As has been done since the Galaxy S8, Samsung unveiled flagship Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ models, differentiated primarily by screen size and an additional front-facing camera on the S10+. In addition, Samsung also unveiled a smaller model known as the Galaxy S10e, as well as a larger, 5G-compatible version, the Galaxy S10 5G. The Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ launch price started at $749, $899 and $999 respectively.
The S10 line comprises four models with various hardware specifications; the main S10 and S10+ respectively feature 6.1 and 6.4-inch 1440p "Dynamic AMOLED" displays with HDR10+ support and "dynamic tone mapping" technology. The displays have curved sides that slope over the horizontal edges of the device. Unlike previous Samsung phones, their front-facing cameras occupy a rounded cut-out near the top-right of the display, and both models utilize an ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint reader. Since they are ultrasonic, the fingerprint readers are not compatible with all screen protectors.
International models of the S10 utilize the Exynos 9820 system-on-chip, while the U.S., South American and Chinese models utilize the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. The two devices are sold with 128 or 512 GB of internal storage, with the S10+ also being sold in a 1-terabyte model. They respectively contain 3400 and 4100 mAh batteries, supporting Qi inductive charging, and the ability to charge other Qi-compatible devices from their own battery power.
The S10 features a multi-lens rear-facing camera setup; it retains the dual-aperture 12-megapixel and 12-megapixel telephoto lenses of the Galaxy S9+, but also adds a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens. The front-facing camera on the S10+ is accompanied by a second RGB depth sensor, which Samsung stated would help improve the quality of photo effects and augmented reality image filters. Both sets of cameras support 4K video recording and HDR10+. The camera software includes a new "Shot Suggestion" feature to assist users, "Artistic Live Filters", as well as the ability to post directly to Instagram posts and stories.
Alongside the main S10 and S10+, Samsung also unveiled two additional models. The S10e is a downsized version of the S10, featuring a smaller, flat 5.8-inch 1080p display with no curved edges. Its fingerprint reader is contained within the power button on the side rather than in-display, and it excludes the 12-megapixel telephoto camera of the S10 (but still includes the dual-aperture 12-megapixel and 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensors). In addition, Samsung announced a larger, phablet-sized premium model known as the S10 5G: it features support for 5G wireless networks, a 6.7-inch display, 256 GB of non-expandable storage, additional 3D time-of-flight cameras on both the front and rear, and a 4,500 mAh battery. This model will temporarily be exclusive to Verizon Wireless on launch in 2019 before expanding to other carriers in the weeks after launch.
The S10 range ships with Android 9.0 "Pie". They are the first Samsung smartphones to ship with a major revamp of Samsung's Android user experience known as One UI. A main design element of One UI is intentional repositioning of key user interface elements in stock apps to improve usability on large screens. Many apps include large headers that push the beginning of content towards the center of the display, while navigation controls and other prompts are often displayed near the bottom of the display instead.
Dan Seifert from The Verge gave the S10 a score of 8.5/10, praising its excellent display, performance, battery life, versatile camera system and headphone jack inclusion. However, he noted that the new in-screen fingerprint scanner was slower and more finicky and camera performance was not as good as the Pixel 3's in low light.
The S10+ received an overall score of 109 from DxOMark (tying it as the top-ranked phone along with the Huawei P20 Pro and the Huawei Mate 20 Pro); it had a photo score of 114 and a video score of 97. It also received a selfie score of 96.
Andrei Frumusanu from AnandTech reported that the Exynos 9820 performed significantly better than last year’s Exynos 9810, however he stated that the Exynos 9820 still couldn't keep up with the Snapdragon 855. He has not tested the power efficiency of the Exynos 9820 yet.
Jeffrey Van Camp from Wired rated the S10 9/10 for its beautiful all-screen design, fun features, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, wireless charging with power sharing and headphone jack inclusion. His complaints were that the camera, while fantastic, still couldn't rival the Pixel 3's night shots, it could be hard to find what you want in the settings menus, wireless power sharing was slow and the edges needed palm rejection.
- "Samsung Galaxy S10e SAR information". Samsung.
- "Samsung Galaxy S10 SAR information". Samsung.
- "Samsung Galaxy S10+ SAR information". Samsung.
- "Specifications – Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 & S10+ — The Official Samsung Galaxy Site". Samsung. Samsung.
- Seifert, Dan (2019-02-20). "Samsung officially announces the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, starting at $899". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Cragg, Oliver (February 27, 2019). "Samsung Galaxy S10 price, release date, and availability". AndroidAuthority.
- "The Galaxy S10 features Samsung's first dynamic AMOLED screen". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Samsung Galaxy S10 specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Samsung Announces The Galaxy S10: 10th Anniversary Trio". AnandTech. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Swider, Matt. "Hands on: Samsung Galaxy S10 review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10 & S10e – Specs, and Features". LookGadgets. 2019-03-10. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- "Samsung's Galaxy S10 goes wide with a third camera lens". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Byford, Sam (2019-02-21). "The Galaxy S10 camera doesn't look like a big step forward". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Hoyle, Andrew. "A closeup look at the Galaxy S10 Plus' five cameras". CNET. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Welch, Chris (2019-02-20). "Samsung's Galaxy S10 has up to six cameras: here's what they all do". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Bohn, Dieter (2019-02-20). "The Samsung Galaxy S10E is small without skimping too much". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Welch, Chris (2019-02-20). "Samsung announces the Galaxy S10 5G". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Bohn, Dieter (2019-01-29). "Samsung begins US rollout of Android 9 Pie and One UI, but slowly". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Bohn, Dieter (2019-02-19). "Samsung's One UI is the best software it's ever put on a smartphone". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Tibken, Shara. "Samsung redesigns its smartphone user interface with One UI". CNET. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Seifert, Dan (2019-03-01). "Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus review: the anti-iPhone". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- Rehm, Lars (21 February 2019). "Samsung Galaxy S10+ camera review". DxOMark. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Frumusanu, Andrei. "Samsung Galaxy S10: First Exynos 9820 vs Snapdragon 855 Scores". www.anandtech.com. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- Marques Brownlee (2019-03-06), Samsung Galaxy S10+ Review: The Bar is Set!, retrieved 2019-03-10
- "Samsung's Galaxy S10 Delivers a One-Two Hole-Punch". WIRED. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
Samsung Galaxy S9
| Samsung Galaxy S10