Samsung Galaxy Y
Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/3G1900
HSDPA 7.2 Mbps 900/2100
|First released||October 2011|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Young|
|Dimensions||104 mm (4.1 in) H
58 mm (2.3 in) W
11.5 mm (0.45 in) D
|Weight||97.5 g (3.44 oz)|
|Operating system|| and KitKat.)|
|CPU||Broadcom BCM21553 ARM11 832 MHz processor, ARMv6|
|GPU||Broadcom BCM2763 VideoCore IV LPDDR2 128 MB (neocore: 45.5 fps, Nenamark1: 24.8 fps), 1 gigapixel fill, 40 nm|
|Memory||384 MB RAM, 290 MB user available RAM OS|
|Storage||190 MB (169 MB user available; Extra space is for cache)|
|Removable storage||2 GB microSDHC (up to 32 GB)|
|Battery||Li-ion 1200 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch touch screen, headset controls, proximity, magnetometer, accelerometer, aGPS, and stereo FM-radio|
|Display||240×320 pixels, 3.0 inch (133 ppi pixel density) TFT capacitive touchscreen, 262144 colors, 18-bit, 60Hz Refresh Rate|
|Rear camera||2 megapixel, 1600×1200 Fixed Focus, 15 fps QVGA 320x240px recording and stills, Panorama & Smile Shot|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm TRRS; Wi-Fi Broadcom 4330 chipset (802.11 b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0; Micro USB 2.0;|
Galaxy Y features Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS with Samsung's proprietary TouchWiz user interface, and has integrated social networking apps and multimedia features, including Google Voice Search, and 5.1 channel audio enhancements. It also has a standard 3.5 mm 4-pin audio jack. The device consists of an 832 MHz ARMv6 processor, 290 MB RAM, 190 MB of internal storage and supports up to 32 GB of removable storage through a microSD card. The phone has a 2 MP camera, a screen with a 240x320 resolution and a multitouch interface with the optional SWYPE virtual keyboard. The phone offers connectivity options such as HSDPA 3G connection up to 7.2 Mbit/s and a Wi-Fi connection. The phone also offers Remote Controls which allows phone to be locked, tracked and data to be wiped remotely. The Galaxy Y originally ran on Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread). An official upgrade to Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) was released via Samsung Kies and Over-the-air. The Galaxy Y can also be flashed and upgraded with custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod releases (although not officially supported by Samsung). It will run CyanogenMod 7, 9, 11 respectively but it is unofficially supported so there may be stability issues.
The Galaxy Y uses an 832 MHz ARMv6 along with a Broadcom VideoCore IV.
On the back of the device is a 2-megapixel fixed-focus camera without flash that can record videos in up to a maximum QVGA Resolution. Galaxy Y does not have a front-facing camera and not even a secondary microphone for Noise Cancellation.
Seven variations of the model exist: S5360L, S5360B (Brazil), S5360T, S5363, S5367, S5368, and S5369. Differences can be in baseband, SAR levels, colour, case design, carrier-branding and lockage. S5360L (Latin America) supports 850 and 1900 MHz UMTS bands. S5363 is typically used as a carrier-rebranded variant by O2. S5369 is a carrier-locked variant for the Italian market.
S5367 is Galaxy Y TV, which was released in April 2012. That model is differentiated by a digital TV receiver; other features different are an included 2 GB MicroSD card, multitouch support, and a 3.15 Megapixel camera.
- "CyanogenMod 9.1 (unofficial) by BroadcomCM" updated 11-18-2015
- "CyanogenMod 11 (unofficial) by androidarmv6" updated 11-18-2015
- "Samsung Galaxy Y Homepage". 21 November 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Galaxy Y S5360B, S5360L & S5360T Firmware List". droidevelopers.com. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Samsung Galaxy Y". phonearena.com. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "[solved] Differences between GT-S5360 and GT-S5363". xda Developers forum. xda developers. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "difference between 5630 and 5639". xda-developers forum. xda-developers.com. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 vs Samsung Galaxy Y TV S5367". Pakistan: mobilesmspk.net. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Full phone specifications
- GSMArena page on Galaxy Y
- GSMArena page on Galaxy Y
- List of Roms for Galaxy Y