Samsung Rugby Smart
Samsung Rugby Smart with screen protector
|Compatible networks||AT&T Mobility|
|First released||United States March 2012|
|Predecessor||Samsung Rugby II|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy W|
122.4 mm (4.82 in) H|
65.9 mm (2.59 in) W
12.2 mm (0.48 in) D
|Weight||125 g (4.4 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, Android 4.04 / 4.1.2 via CyanogenMod|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Scorpion|
|CPU||1400 MHz Qualcomm Scorpion, ARM7|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 205|
|Memory||512 MiB LPDDR2 SDRAM|
5.04 MP (2592×1944 px max.)|
Video recording (3GP or MPEG4)
1.31 MP (1280×1024 px max.)|
Video recording (3GP)
The Samsung Rugby Smart (SGH-i847) was a ruggedized Android smartphone manufactured by Samsung, for use on the AT&T Mobility network. The phone was 4G capable, but lacked LTE support. It was dust and vibration resistant, as well as waterproof to a depth of 1 meter (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes, earning the phone an ingress protection rating of IP67.
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro
In October 2012, Samsung and AT&T announced the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-i547), a successor to the Rugby Smart that includes similar durability and also ships with a scratch-resistant screen, something its previous model lacked. This rugged smartphone has passed military specification tests, like surviving blowing rain and sand, high humidity, and thermal shock. It comes with the push-to-talk features, but has LTE capability and a faster 1.5 GHz processor running Android 4.0 ICS.
- "Detailed Technical Datasheet of Samsung SGH-i847 Rugby Smart". PDAdb.net. 2012-08-23. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- O'Brien, Terrence (2012-10-04). "Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro for AT&T hands-on". Engadget.com. AOL. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Colon, Alex (2012-03-06). "Samsung Rugby Smart (AT&T)". PCMag.com. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Samsung Rugby Smart review (AT&T). CNET.com. CBS Interactive. 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- John V. (2012-03-02). "Samsung Rugby Smart Review". PhoneArena.com. Meet Gadget. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Bradford, K. (2013-06-12). "Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Review". DigitalTrends.com. Designtechnica Corporation. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro". Samsung.com. Samsung. Archived from the original on February 25, 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Official website
- on YouTube
- Android Forums tutorial on how to root (destructive)
- XDA Forums tutorial on how to replace and use recoveries
- XDA Forums tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 9
- XDA Forums tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 10