|Birth name||Samu Aleksi Haber|
|Born||2 April 1976|
Samu Aleksi Haber (born 2 April 1976) is a Finnish singer, songwriter, television music competition judge, entrepreneur, and is the lead vocalist and frontman of pop-rock band Sunrise Avenue.[excessive citations]
Haber established a band Sunrise in 1992 with his friend Jan Hohenthal. Hohenthal left the band in 2002 as he wanted to focus on his solo career. In 2002 Haber changed the band name to Sunrise Avenue. Between 2002 and 2005 Haber visited 102 record companies and agents trying to find a label for Sunrise Avenue's music. The first album was made with financial help from Haber's friend Mikko Virtala, who sold his house to pay the studio costs.
Haber is an Ice Hockey fanatic and his favourite team is Helsingfors IFK. Haber played ice hockey in Espoon Kiekkoseura until the age of 14 as defence-man attending tournaments also in Canada and USA. Haber's other hobbies are kettle bell training and jogging.
Haber's band Sunrise Avenue has released three studio albums selling more than 2,000,000 copies and 2,000,000 singles worldwide. Haber is Sunrise Avenue's main songwriter and he has written all the band's songs either alone or with a producer and cowriter. The last international hit Hollywood Hills Haber wrote alone.
Haber is working as co-manager for new Finnish bands and artists together with the CoMusic Management. Haber owned studio Sonic Kitchen with producers Jukka Backlund and Aku Sinivalo 2007–2010. Haber's military status is Finnish Navy Sergeant.
Haber's father's family is from Germany, but his family has always lived in Finland.
Haber has one sister, Sanna (23 January 1978) and one brother Santtu (29 January 1989).
Samu Haber´s solo career
Samu Haber´s first single “Enkelten kaupunki” (in English “City of Angels”) was released in 2020. Haber has also written solo songs including: ”Täältä tullaan” (2021), ”Sä” (2022), “Sata vuotta sitten” (2022). Haber´s new solo album ”Pelastetaan maailma” is going to be released in 2022.
As a solo artist Haber visited the Finnish television program “Vain elämää” season 6 (2017) and season 10 (2019). Some of the songs featured at “Vain Elämää” -show Haber performed with original lyrics and other songs Haber wrote to a new and updated form. He also made singles out of those songs.
Updated songs (single release):
2017 (“Vain elämää”, season 6):
“Hiljaisuus” orig. Irina, “Joutsenlaulu” orig. Yö, ”Onnellinen”, orig. Robin Packalen (prev. Robin), “Perjantai 13.” orig. Nikke Ankara, “Satuprinsessa” orig. Tik Tak, ”Kerran” orig. Laura Voutilainen.
2019 (“Vain elämää”, season 10):
“Ikuinen Vappu” orig. JVG, “Hanuri” orig. Antti Tuisku, ”Vanha Sydän” orig. Erin, “Ei kukaan tuu sulta tuntumaan” orig. Jarkko Suo (alias Lauri Tähkä), ”Teguila” orig. Vesala”Tuulettaa” orig. Elastinen, ”Hyvä Ihminen” orig. Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus.
- Sunrise Avenue: \"«Vocea României» este un concurs foarte greu\" > EVZ.ro
- "Voice of Germany": Caro Trischler im Halbfinale - Aktuelle Nachrichten, Themen, Bilder und Videos aus dem Enzkreis und dem Landkreis Calw - Pforzheimer Zeitung
- Rock & Pop: BZ-Interview: Samu Haber von Sunrise Avenue über die Single "Hollywood Hills" - badische-zeitung.de
- Unerkannt ausrasten - Nachrichten Print - WELT KOMPAKT - Kultur (Print DWK) - DIE WELT
- V2.fi | Sunrise Avenue sulki vieraskirjansa - erotettu kitaristi tilittää
- Sunrise Avenue und die wilde Ode an die Freude | WAZ.de
- Speed Academy: News: Sunrise Avenue rockten beim DTM-Saisonfinale: Ein bunter Mix aus Pop & Rock Archived 2013-12-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Sunrise Avenuen keulakuva saapuu arvioimaan finalistikolmikon - MTV.fi - Ohjelmat - Idols
- Sunrise Avenue - Sex, Pingpong und Hollywood
- "Samu Haber soolouralle – ensimmäinen single "Enkelten kaupunki" julkaistaan huomenna". KaaosZine (in Finnish). 2020-11-12. Retrieved 2022-07-18.
- "pelastetaan maailma". Universal Music Finland. Retrieved 2022-07-18.