|Full name||Samuel Adjei|
|Date of birth||18 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Eksjö, Sweden|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Jönköpings Södra IF|
|2008–2009||Jönköpings Södra IF|
|2012||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012–||Jönköpings Södra IF||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:58, 8 September 2012 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 07:58, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
Adjei was born in Eksjö, Sweden. He was discovered as a 12-year-old by lower league Swedish club Waggeryds IK. In January 2009, Premier League side Newcastle United signed Adjei from Swedish Second Division club Jönköpings Södra IF for a significant fee. He then quickly made an impression in his new surroundings by playing in a first team friendly against Huddersfield Town in August 2009. At Newcastle United, Adjei spent three years developing, but soon suffered a nightmare time with injury and failing to progress during the periods when he has been fit.
On 2 March 2012, Adjei joined Football League One side Hartlepool United on month-long loan deal. He made his debut for Pool on 3 March, in a 1–1 draw with Milton Keynes Dons, coming on as a substitute for James Poole. However, playing 30 minutes on his debut, Adjei soon suffered an hamstring injury, which leave him out for three-four weeks and also made a return to his parent club. At the end of the season, Adjei was released by the club when his contract has expired
After seven months without a club, Adjei returned to Swedish by joining Jönköpings Södra IF, the team he started his football career, on a two-year contract. After the move, Adjei says returning to the club made him a better player and insists he made a right decision to join Newcastle United in the press conference.
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). The Football Association. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 500. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Swedish striker Samuel Adjei to sign for United". Chronicle Live. 10 February 2009. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "DREAMING OF ENGLAND". Blagul Fotboll. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Adjei Joins Hartlepool on Loan". Newcastle United Official Website. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Hartlepool United's boss back on the look-out after Samuel Adjei blow". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "NUFC starlet Samuel Adjei could have played only game for Pools". Peter Lee Star. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Hartlepool: No complacency after Wycombe thumping – Cooper". BBC Sport. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Magpies Announce Retained List". Newcastle United Official Website. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Samuel Adjei ready J Southern" [Samuel Adjei klar för J-Södra] (in Swedish). J Sodra. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Adjei: "I'm back as a better player"" [Adjei: "Jag är tillbaka som en bättre spelare"] (in Swedish). Jonkoping. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.