|Born||13 October 1953|
|Institutions||University of Melbourne|
|Thesis||Clinical and experimental aspects of complex partial seizures (1984)|
Professor Samuel Frank Berkovic AC FAA FRACP FRS (born 1953) is an Australian neurologist and Laureate Professor in the Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne and Director of the Epilepsy Research Centre at Austin Health.
Research and career
Awards and honours
On 26 January 2014, he was appointed a Companion of the Order of Australia (AC) for eminent service to biomedical research in the field of epilepsy genetics as a leading academic and clinician, to the study of neurology on a national and international level, and as an ambassador for Australian medical science education.
In 2015 he was elected a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences
Prof. Berkovic is the recipient of 37th TS Srinivasan Endowment Oration Award 2017 and the keynote speaker at the TS Srinivasan - NIMHANS Knowledge Conclave 2017.
- "PROF Sam BERKOVIC - The University of Melbourne". Findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au. 2018-06-26. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Prof Sam Berkovic". Epilepsy Research Centre. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- Williams, Ruth (2010). "Sam Berkovic: a need for answers". The Lancet Neurology. 9 (6): 570. doi:10.1016/S1474-4422(10)70127-7. ISSN 1474-4422.
- "2008 - Professor Samuel Berkovic". Jewish Medical Association UK. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- Profile, melbourne.edu
- "Member of the Order of Australia (AM)". It's an Honour. Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 13 June 2005. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Top honour to Sam Berkovic for research into genetics of epilepsy". UniNews Vol. 14, No. 20, 31 October - 14 November 2005. University of Melbourne. Archived from the original on 6 October 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- The AAS page of 2005 Fellows has recently become a[dead link]
- "Companion of the Order of Australia (AC)" (PDF). Governor-General of Australia. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Fellows of the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences, www.aahms.org
- "Welcome Address". TS Srinivasan - NIMHANS Knowledge Conclave 2017.