|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2007)|
He published ten books on education in America and spent much of his career investigating the decline in American literacy, the reasons for the high rate of learning disabilities in American children, the reasons behind the educational establishment in America's support for sex and drug education, the reasons for the number of children labeled ADD, and the school system's refusal to use either intensive phonics in reading instruction and memorization in mathematics instruction. His commentary on education issues and his following as a speaker brought him to lecture in every state in the United States as well as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and England. He was internationally recognized as a leader in the intensive, systematic phonics movement.
Blumenfeld wrote for many online and print sources on a variety of subjects. His writings appeared in such diverse publications as Home School Digest, Reason, Education Digest, Boston Magazine, Vital Speeches of the Day, Practical Homeschooling, Esquire, and many others. Blumenfeld also wrote for Robert W. Welch, Jr.'s John Birch Society.
Samuel L. Blumenfeld Literacy Foundation
His Literacy Foundation was created to promote the legacy of Sam Blumenfeld's work.
He was active in the Shakespeare authorship question and theorized that Christopher Marlowe may have written many of the works attributed to Shakespeare. His 2008 The Marlowe-Shakespeare Connection is profiled on http://www.marlowe-shakespeare.blogspot.com, where he was also a regular contributor.
How To Tutor and Alpha Phonics focus on proper methods for teaching children basic school subjects. His other works primarily focus on the failures of the public education establishment in America.
His published works include the following:
- N.E.A.: Trojan Horse in American Education
- Why Schools Went Public
- How to Tutor
- The Whole Language / OBE Fraud
- The Victims of Dick and Jane
- Alpha-Phonics: A Primer For Beginning Readers
- Homeschooling: A Parents Guide to Teaching Children
- New Illiterates and How You Can Keep Your Child from Becoming One
- Is Public Education Necessary?
- Property in a Humane Economy
- The Marlowe-Shakespeare Connection: A New Study of the Authorship Question
- Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America's Children
- "Opinion". The New American. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|