Samuel E. Wright
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Samuel E. Wright|
November 20, 1946 |
Camden, South Carolina, U.S.
Samuel E. Wright (born November 20, 1946) is an American actor and singer. He is best known as the voice of Sebastian in Disney's The Little Mermaid, for which he provided the main vocals to "Under the Sea", which won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Wright also played the part of Mufasa in the original cast of The Lion King on Broadway and voiced Kron the Iguanodon in Disney's CGI film Dinosaur.
Wright was nominated for a Tony Award in 1984 for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for his performance in The Tap Dance Kid and again in 1998 for Best Featured Actor in a Musical as the original lead actor for Mufasa in The Lion King, the Broadway version of Disney's animated classic of the same name. Wright played Enos' partner Turk in the TV series Enos and originated the part of "Sam" in Over Here! on Broadway. He also played the part of Jericho on the short-lived Fox TV show Jonny Zero.
- Enos (1980–1981, TV Series) as Officer Turk Adams
- The Gift of Amazing Grace (1986, TV Series) as Mr Wheeler
- Bird (1988) as Dizzy Gillespie
- Me and Him (1988) as Paramedic 1
- The Little Mermaid (1989) as Sebastian, the crab (voice)
- The Little Mermaid (1992–1994, TV Series) as Sebastian (voice)
- Raw Toonage (1992, TV Series) as Sebastian (voice)
- Marsupilami (1993, TV Series) as Sebastian (voice)
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000) as Sebastian (voice)
- Dinosaur (2000) as Kron, the Iguanodon
- Disney's House of Mouse (2001–2003, TV Series) as Sebastian (voice)
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning (2008) as Sebastian (voice)
Wright has performed and recorded several songs for the Walt Disney animated film The Little Mermaid, as Sebastian the Crab, and is most known for the songs "Under the Sea", and "Kiss the Girl". He released a soul music record in 1973, "There's Something Funny Going On" b/w "Three Hundred Pounds of Hungry" on the Paramount label.
- "'What More Is You Looking For?' Meet Samuel E. Wright, The Voice Of Sebastian On 'The Little Mermaid'". Madame Noire. October 10, 2013. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Samuel E. Wright|