Samuel H. Hammond
Samuel Haight Hammond (March 12, 1809 in Bath, Steuben County, New York – November 27, 1878 in Watertown, Jefferson County, New York) was an American lawyer, author, newspaper editor and politician from New York.
He was the son of Lazarus Hammond, the founder of Hammondsport. On September 3, 1828, he married Emeline Anne Humphrey (1808–1873), granddaughter of Congressman Reuben Humphrey (1757–1831), and they had six children. He studied law, was admitted to the bar, and practiced.
In 1864, he removed to Watertown. He was buried at the Brookside Cemetery in Watertown.
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough, Stephen C. Hutchins and Edgar Albert Werner (1867; pg. 442 and 529)
- Biographical Sketches of the State Officers and Members of the Legislature of the State of New York by William D. Murphy (1861; pg. 61ff)
- Samuel H. Hammond at Northern Illinois University Library
- Works by Samuel H. Hammond at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Samuel H. Hammond at Internet Archive
- Samuel H. Hammond, featured author, at The Crooked Lake Review
- Samuel H. Hammond at Find a Grave
|New York State Senate|
Alexander S. Diven
|New York State Senate