Samuel S. Fels High School
|Samuel S. Fels High School|
5500 Langdon Street
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||The School District of Philadelphia|
|Website||Samuel S. Fels High School|
The Samual S Fels High School (commonly referred to as Fels High School) is a district-run high school in Philadelphia. The school is named after Samuel Simeon Fels. It was founded in 1989 when the Samuel S. Fels Junior High School was restructured to have seventh through tenth grades, with the eleventh and twelfth grades to be added in 1990 and 1991. Melvin K. McMaster was the first principal of the high school. An $80 million building replaced the old facility in 2009.
- "Fels Samuel HS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- Kadaba, Lini S. (September 10, 1989). "Schools spent summer vacation reorganizing". Philadelphia Inquirer. p. 6NE. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- Tales, Dafney (September 9, 2009). "All about new beginnings". Philadelphia Daily News. p. 6F. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- Samuel S. Fels High School - school website
- Samuel S. Fels High School at the Wayback Machine (archive index)
|This Philadelphia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pennsylvania school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|