Samvel Karapetyan (businessman)
August 18, 1965 |
Kalinino, Soviet Armenia, USSR
|Alma mater||Yerevan Polytechnic Institute|
|Net worth||$4.0 billion (February 2015)|
Karapetyan graduated from the Yerevan Polytechnic Institute in 1986. He moved to Russia in the 1990s and in 1997, he became the president of the Kaluga-based Kalugaglavsnab OAO, which provides logistics services. In 1999, he established the Tashir Group.
He is married with three kids (two sons and a daughter).
In 2011 Armenian President awarded Karapetyan with the Mesrop Mashtots Medal "for significant contribution to the promotion of national interests, long term and fruitful pro-Armenian activities, dedication to the development and advancement of the Republic of Armenia and provided services."
According to Forbes, his net worth in February 2015 was $4.0 billion. In March 2013 Karapetyan became the richest ethnic Armenian in the world, overtaking Armenian-American businessman Kirk Kerkorian.
- "Самвел Карапетян Биография". Vedomosti (in Russian). Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Samvel Karapetyan". Forbes. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Հպարտ եմ, որ հայ եմ. Սամվել Կարապետյանի զրույցը Forbes-ի հետ". CivilNet (in Armenian). 16 February 2015.
- Президентом ФК ”Арарат” избран Самвел Карапетян (in Russian). FC Ararat Moscow. 17 November 2017.
- "Russian-Armenian beats U.S.-Armenian on latest Forbes billionaire list". ArmeniaNow. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "World's richest Armenians according to Forbes; Kerkorian no longer leads list". Tert.am. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.