From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about SanDisk Corporation. For Computer Storage Device (SD) in Storage Area Network (SAN), see Storage Area Network.
SanDisk headquarters in Milpitas, California
|Founders||Eli Harari, Sanjay Mehrotra and Jack Yuan|
|Headquarters||Milpitas, California, United States|
USB flash drives
Portable media players
SanDisk is a Milpitas, California-based manufacturer of flash memory products, including memory cards and readers, USB flash drives, and solid state drives. As of February 2015[update], it is third-largest manufacturer of flash memory.
- In October 2005, Sandisk acquired Matrix Semiconductor.
- In July 2006, SanDisk acquired M-Systems.
- In May 2011, SanDisk acquired Pilant Technology, a manufacturer of solid state drives, for US$327 million.
- In February 2012, SanDisk acquired FlashSoft.
- In June 2012, SanDisk acquired Schooner Information Technology, developer of the flash-optimized database software SchoonerSQL and caching software Membrain.
- In July 2013, SanDisk acquired SMART Storage Systems, a producer of SSDs for the enterprise market, for US$307 million.
- In June 2014, Sandisk acquired Fusion-io, a producer of flash memory for enterprise datacenters, for $1.1 billion.
Other products and technologies
- "Western Digital to acquire SanDisk for $19B". USA Today. Gannett Company. October 21, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Western Digital officially closes SanDisk acquisition". The Verge. Vox Media. May 12, 2016. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "SanDisk to acquire Matrix Semiconductor". CNET. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk To Buy msystems". The Street. 2006-07-31. Retrieved 2006-08-21.
- "SanDisk Plans To Buy SSD Maker Pliant Technology". CRN.com. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk Buys Schooner, Moves Into Enterprise Software Space". CRN.com. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk acquires SMART Storage Systems for $307 million". ZDNet. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk to Acquire Troubled Fusion-io for $1.2 Billion". Recode. Vox Media. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SanDisk.|
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|