From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about SanDisk Corporation. For Computer Storage Device (SD) in Storage Area Network (SAN), see Storage Area Network.
SanDisk headquarters in Milpitas, California
|Founders||Eli Harari, Sanjay Mehrotra and Jack Yuan|
|Headquarters||Milpitas, California, United States|
USB flash drives
Portable media players
SanDisk is an American manufacturer of flash memory products, including memory cards and readers, USB flash drives, and solid state drives. As of February 2015[update], it is third-largest manufacturer of flash memory.
- In October 2005, Sandisk acquired Matrix Semiconductor.
- In July 2006, SanDisk acquired M-Systems.
- In May 2011, SanDisk acquired Pilant Technology, a manufacturer of solid state drives, for US$327 million.
- In February 2012, SanDisk acquired FlashSoft.
- In June 2012, SanDisk acquired Schooner Information Technology, developer of the flash-optimized database software SchoonerSQL and caching software Membrain.
- In July 2013, SanDisk acquired SMART Storage Systems, a producer of SSDs for the enterprise market, for US$307 million.
- In June 2014, Sandisk acquired Fusion-io, a producer of flash memory for enterprise datacenters, for $1.1 billion.
Other products and technologies
- "Western Digital to acquire SanDisk for $19B". USA Today. Gannett Company. October 21, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Western Digital officially closes SanDisk acquisition". The Verge. Vox Media. May 12, 2016. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "SanDisk to acquire Matrix Semiconductor". CNET. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk To Buy msystems". The Street. 2006-07-31. Retrieved 2006-08-21.
- "SanDisk Plans To Buy SSD Maker Pliant Technology". CRN.com. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk Buys Schooner, Moves Into Enterprise Software Space". CRN.com. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk acquires SMART Storage Systems for $307 million". ZDNet. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "SanDisk to Acquire Troubled Fusion-io for $1.2 Billion". Recode. Vox Media. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SanDisk.|
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|