San Alfonso del Mar
San Alfonso del Mar is a private resort in Algarrobo, Chile, about 100 km (62 mi) west of Santiago. The resort has one of the world's largest swimming pools. At the time of its completion in 2006, it was in the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest pool in the world by area.
The pool is 1,013 m (3,323 ft) long, covering 8 ha (20 acres), containing some 250 million litres (66 million US gallons) of seawater, with a maximum depth of 3.5 m (11.5 ft). The water is pumped from the adjacent Pacific Ocean, filtered, and treated. Access to the pool is for residents only. There is no hotel at the premises, just apartments.
- "Big Dipper". National Geographic. April 2010. p. 30.
- "Guinness World Record". World Record Academy. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Largest swimming pool by area". Guinness World Records. Archived from the original on 8 February 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Mikkelson, Barbara; Mikkelson, David P. "Pool Queue: Worlds Largest Swimming Pool". Snopes. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Crystal Lagoons Corporation LLC. "Patent US 8790518 B2". US Patent Office. Retrieved 15 October 2014 – via Google Patents.
Minimal and maximal depths were 1.2 and 3.5 meters, being 2.8 meters the average depth.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Alfonso del Mar.|