San Antonio Independent School District
San Antonio ISD is one of 15 school districts serving the San Antonio area. San Antonio ISD serves the Downtown, Midtown, and inner city areas of the city of San Antonio and a small portion of the city of Balcones Heights. With over 53,000 students (as of 2015), the district is the third largest school district in the Bexar County area.
The district was involved in the San Antonio Independent School District v. Rodriguez case.
All San Antonio ISD students are required to wear school uniforms. Students are required to wear white collared shirts and khaki bottoms. They are also permitted wear polo shirts with their schools' colors. The Texas Education Agency specifies that the parents and/or guardians of students zoned to a school with uniforms may apply for a waiver to opt out of the uniform policy so their children do not have to wear the uniform; parents must specify "bona fide" reasons, such as religious reasons or philosophical objections.
- Brackenridge High School
- Brackenridge won the 1947 UIL state football championship, the last title before the UIL divided schools into classifications based on enrollment.
- Luther Burbank High School
- Edison High School
- Fox Tech High School
- Highlands High School
- Sam Houston High School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Lanier High School
- Navarro High School
- St. Philip's Early College High School
- Travis Early College High School
- Young Women's Leadership Academy
- Young Men's Leadership Academy
- Austin (K-8)
- Bonham (K-8)
- Hawthorne (K-8)
- M.L. King (K-8)
- Mission (PK-8)
- Woodlawn (PK-7)
- Beacon Hill
- JT Brackenridge
- Collins Garden
- De Zavala
- Highland Hills
- Highland Park
- S. King
- Riverside Park
- Woodlawn Hills
Early Childhood Education Centers
- Cooper Academy
- Estrada Alternative Center
- Pickett Academy (MS)
- "Contact Us". San Antonio Independent School District. Retrieved on March 28, 2010.
- "San Antonio ISD - Facts and Figures". San Antonio ISD. Archived from the original on 2011-07-01.
- "San Antonio ISD - I Am SAISD". San Antonio ISD. Archived from the original on 2011-06-12.
- "School Uniform Shopping Guide" Archived 2006-07-09 at the Wayback Machine.. San Antonio Independent School District. Retrieved on May 4, 2009.
- "DOCKET NO. 008-R5-901" Archived 2006-10-11 at the Wayback Machine.. Texas Education Agency. Accessed October 13, 2008.
- Dave Campbell's Texas Football, 2008 edition, page 362
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-19. Retrieved 2013-06-16.