San Antonio Independent School District
San Antonio ISD is one of 15 school districts serving San Antonio. San Antonio ISD serves the Downtown, Midtown, and inner city areas of San Antonio. San Antonio ISD also serves a small portion of the city of Balcones Heights. With over 53,000 students (as of 2015), the district is the third largest school district in the Bexar County area.
- 1 History
- 2 School uniforms
- 3 Schools
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The district was involved in the San Antonio Independent School District v. Rodriguez case.
All San Antonio ISD students are required to wear school uniforms. Students are required to wear white collared shirts and khaki bottoms. They are also permitted wear polo shirts with their schools' colors. The Texas Education Agency specifies that the parents and/or guardians of students zoned to a school with uniforms may apply for a waiver to opt out of the uniform policy so their children do not have to wear the uniform; parents must specify "bona fide" reasons, such as religious reasons or philosophical objections.
- Brackenridge won the 1947 UIL state football championship, the last title before the UIL divided schools into classifications based on enrollment.
- Sam Houston
- Fox Tech
Middle School Academies
- Joel C. Harris Academy
- Irving Academy
- Lowell Academy
- John Greenleaf Whittier Academy
Middle School Academies M.V.P's
- Harris M.V.P Aaron Perez,
Basketball, High Jump record 5'10
- Irving M.V.P Jesus Garcia Jr. Basketball 09-10 Season
- Lowell M.V.P Clarissa Rodriguez, Cross Country,Soccer 09-10 Season
- Mann M.V.P Rachel Garza, Basketball,Soccer 09-10 Season
- Whittier M.V.P Venus Hernadez, Basketball,Volleyball 09-10 Season
- Young Women's Leadership Academy M.V.P Carla Romo, Volleyball,Soccer 09-10 Season
- Rhodes M.V.P Micheal Flores Basketball, Cross Country 09-10 Season
Middle School/High School Academies
- Young Women's Leadership Academy
- Beacon Hill
- James Bowie
- Collins Garden
- De Zavala
- Highland Hills
- Highland Park
- W.W. White
- Woodlawn Hills
- JT Brackenridge
- Riverside Park
- Estrada Alternative Center (HS)
- Gonzales Alternative Center (ES)
- Navarro Academy (HS)
- Pickett Academy (MS)
- "Contact Us." San Antonio Independent School District. Retrieved on March 28, 2010.
- "San Antonio ISD - Facts and Figures". San Antonio ISD.
- "San Antonio ISD - I Am SAISD". San Antonio ISD.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- "2010 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- "School Uniform Shopping Guide." San Antonio Independent School District. Retrieved on May 4, 2009.
- "DOCKET NO. 008-R5-901." Texas Education Agency. Accessed October 13, 2008.
- Dave Campbell's Texas Football, 2008 edition, page 362
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc