San Carlos High School
San Carlos High School was a high school that the Sequoia Union High School District operated in San Carlos, California, United States, 1960–1982. It was located on the 2500 block of Melendy Drive. Its enrollment declined from a peak of 2,500 until it closed.
The school was demolished in 1988. The playing fields were converted into Highlands Park and a housing development was built on the rest of the site.
- Jennifer Granholm: politician, governor of Michigan
- Mike McCurry: former press secretary for Bill Clinton's administration
- Greg Proops: comedian
- Rex J. Walheim: NASA astronaut, flying on three space shuttle missions, STS-110, STS-122 and the final space shuttle mission, STS-135.
- "San Carlos High School alumni". Sequoia District Alumni Network.
- "She's the Boss - Granholm wins a place in history as Michigan Elects the state's first female governor". Detroit Free Press. November 6, 2002.
- Goldstein, Amy (May 20, 2009). "Governor Granholm's Rise to Politics". Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
At San Carlos High School south of San Francisco, she was chosen as a mediator during a period of racial tension. She also was selected "foxiest" in her graduating class and won the Miss San Carlos pageant.
- The Adam Carolla Show (podcast), 2011-08-03 show with Greg Proops, 59 minute mark
- Proops, Greg. "Guest Column By Greg Proops: The Quest to Underachieve". Saturday Night Magazine (U.S.). Retrieved 5 August 2011.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Mateo County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|