San Carlos High School
San Carlos High School was a high school that the Sequoia Union High School District operated in San Carlos, California, United States, 1960–1982. It was located on the 2500 block of Melendy Drive. Its enrollment declined from a peak of 2,500 until it closed.
The school was demolished in 1988. The playing fields were converted into Highlands Park and a housing development was built on the rest of the site.
- Kathryn Bigelow, Academy-Award winning director and writer of The Hurt Locker (2010)
- Jennifer Granholm, graduated 1977; politician, governor of Michigan, 16th United States Secretary of Energy
- Keith Comstock, former MLB player and professional baseball coach.
- Mike McCurry, attended 1969-1971; former press secretary in Bill Clinton's administration
- Greg Proops, comedian
- Mark Ulriksen, painter and magazine illustrator
- Rex J. Walheim, graduated 1980; NASA astronaut on three space shuttle missions, STS-110, STS-122 and the final one, STS-135
- "San Carlos High School alumni". Sequoia District Alumni Network.
- "Profile: Kathryn Bigelow". 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- "She's the Boss - Granholm wins a place in history as Michigan Elects the state's first female governor". Detroit Free Press. November 6, 2002.
- Goldstein, Amy (May 20, 2009). "Governor Granholm's Rise to Politics". Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
At San Carlos High School south of San Francisco, she was chosen as a mediator during a period of racial tension. She also was selected "foxiest" in her graduating class and won the Miss San Carlos pageant.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "On the Nomination (Confirmation: Jennifer Mulhern Granholm, of Michigan, to be Secretary of Energy)". U.S. Senate. 2021-02-25. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "The San Mateo County Historical Association". San Mateo County History Museum. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- The Adam Carolla Show (podcast), 2011-08-03 show with Greg Proops, 59 minute mark Archived 2011-10-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Proops, Greg. "Guest Column By Greg Proops: The Quest to Underachieve". Saturday Night Magazine (U.S.). Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "interview to mark ulriksen". web.tiscali.it. Retrieved 2019-09-25.
- Whiting, Melanie (2016-02-18). "Rex J. Walheim (Colonel, U.S. Air Force, Ret.) NASA Astronaut". NASA. Retrieved 2019-09-25.