San Castle, Florida
San Castle, Florida
|• Total||0.417 sq mi (1.08 km2)|
|• Land||0.417 sq mi (1.08 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||23 ft (7 m)|
|• Density||8,200/sq mi (3,200/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2628532|
San Castle is a census-designated place in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. Its population was 3,428 as of the 2010 census. San Castle is located between Interstate 95 and the Intracoastal Waterway; it borders Lantana to the south, Hypoluxo to the west and Boynton Beach to the northeast.
As of 2016; San Castle, FL is home to a population of 4,358 people, from which 77.7% are citizens. The ethnic composition of the population of San Castle, FL is; Black or African American (49.3%), Hispanic or Latino (30.4%), White (19.5%), Asian (0.57%), Other (0.18%).
The most common foreign languages spoken in San Castle, FL are English at 50.4%, French Creole at 31%, Spanish at 18.3% and Chinese at 0.3%.
In 2015, the median household income of the 1,078 households in San Castle, FL grew to $49,107 from the previous year's value of $42,869.
Despite its small size, the CDP has been notable for being home to the San Castle Soldiers, a set of the greater Top 6 gang; who was featured on the show Gangland, on the History Channel. The gang is notorious for being involved in the Christmas Eve shooting at the Boynton Beach Mall, which resulted in a death. The gang was also involved in several other homicides.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files: Florida Places". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on March 5, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "2010 Demographic Profile Data: San Castle CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "San Castle Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Reference Maps". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "San Castle, FL". Data USA. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Nights bring crime in San Castle". tribunedigital-sunsentinel. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Gang-related homicides affiliated with the Top 6". tribunedigital-sunsentinel. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
|This article about a location in Palm Beach County, Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|