San Clemente Pier (train station)
|Amtrak and Metrolink commuter rail station|
Looking south towards San Diego.
|Location||Avenida Del Mar & Avenida Victoria
San Clemente, CA 92676
|Platforms||1 side platforms|
|Passengers (FY2013)||15,017 51.5% (Amtrak)|
San Clemente Pier is a station on Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner passenger train route and Metrolink's Orange County Line and Inland Empire-Orange County Line located in San Clemente, California, United States. The station is lightly used – only a few Amtrak trains per day stop at the station, while Metrolink only serves the station on weekends. San Clemente Pier boarded or detrained a total of 15,017 Amtrak passengers in FY2013, an average of approximately 41 passengers daily, an over 50% increase from FY2012. Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, San Clemente Pier was the 54th-busiest in FY2013.
There is a ticket kiosk located at the pier train stop in San Clemente.
Travelers are responsible for bringing their own property on and off the train when leaving or arriving at San Clemente Pier.
Dining, lodging and restroom facilities can be found on or around the pier and it is just minutes to walk to the main part of the Village.
Paid parking can be found on the street or in an adjacent municipal lot.
Platforms and tracks
|Main track||■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Luis Obispo, limited service (San Juan Capistrano)|
|■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Diego-Union Station, limited service (Oceanside)|
|■ Inland Empire–Orange County Line||toward San Bernardino, weekends only (San Clemente)|
|■ Inland Empire–Orange County Line||toward Oceanside, weekends only (Terminus)|
|■ Orange County Line||toward L.A. Union Station, weekends only (San Clemente)|
|■ Orange County Line||toward Oceanside, weekends only (Terminus)|
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2013 - State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- "Pacific Surfliner Schedule, effective April 7, 2014" (PDF) (PDF). Amtrak California. November 2013. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- "Schedule Departures From San Clemente Pier Station". Southern California Regional Rail Authority. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- Amtrak – Stations – San Clemente, CA - Pier
- San Clemente Pier Amtrak-Metrolink Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- San Clemente Pier (SNP)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|