San Diego-Imperial Council
|San Diego-Imperial Council #049|
|Owner||Boy Scouts of America|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
The San Diego-Imperial Council is headquartered in San Diego, California, and serves youth members and volunteer leaders through Scout units in San Diego and Imperial counties of Southern California, as well as a portion of Arizona.
Founded in 1916 as the Coronado Council, and the San Diego Council, in 1917 the two council merged to make the San Diego County Council (#049). Founded in 1922, the Imperial County Council (#029) changed its name to Imperial-Yuma Area Council in 1929, and changed the name again in 1959 to Desert Trails Council. In 1993 Desert Trails and San Diego County merged tow become Desert Pacific Council. Desert Pacific Council was renamed to San Diego-Imperial Council on January 3, 2005.
- Palomar Mountain (Escondido, Valley Center, Ramona)
- Buena Creek (Vista, San Marcos)
- San Luis Rey (Oceanside, Fallbrook, Camp Pendleton)
- Rancho Coastal (Del Mar, Encinitas, Carlsbad)
- Rancho Mesa (Rancho Bernardo, Poway, Mira Mesa, Scripps Ranch)
- Crossroads (San Carlos, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Lemon Grove, Encanto)
- Balboa (downtown, Logan Heights, City Heights, Coronado, Hillcrest, North Park)
- Bonita-Otay (Bonita, Otay Ranch, Ocean View Hills, Chula Vista (east))
- Magnolia (El Cajon, Santee, Lakeside, Alpine)
- Tecolote (La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Point Loma, Tierrasanta, Clairemont, Kearny Mesa, Serra Mesa, University City)
- Southbay (Imperial Beach, San Ysidro, Chula Vista (west), National City, Paradise Hills)
- Mataguay Scout Ranch
- Camp Balboa
- San Diego Youth Aquatic Center, aka Camp Fiesta Island
Order of the Arrow
Tiwahe Lodge was formed from the merger of Ashie Lodge #436 and Pang Lodge #532 in 1992. Tiwahe Lodge has been the recipient of the Quality Lodge Award 15 times in a row. Tiwahe Lodge also received the National Service Award in 2005. Tiwahe is a member of Section W-4S in the Western Region of the Boy Scouts of America. Tiwahe is one of four lodges in this section, the other three are Wiatava #13, Cahuilla #127, and Ta Tanka #488. Tiwahe Lodge has produced 3 Section Chiefs and 3 Section Advisors. Tiwahe lodge was also home to the 2011 Western Region Chief.
Tiwahe Lodge currently runs three lodge events throughout the year. The first is the Fall Fellowship Weekend in November, which consists of training and lodge officer elections. Lodge Leadership Development is held in January and is the primary tool for training new lodge and chapter officers. Spring Encampment is held in March and is a service weekend usually held at Camp Mataguay.
Tiwahe Lodge currently has nine chapters acting within the lodge: Allohak, Bitani, Elauwit, Hadaazli-to, Kah-Shinni, Naabaahii, Pischk, Shash-Tsoh, and Wulinaxin.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Scouting in California.|
- Hook, James; Franck, Dave; Austin, Steve (1982). An Aid to Collecting Selected Council Shoulder Patches with Valuation.