San Diego Business Journal
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Owner(s)||California Business Journals|
|Publisher||Huntley Paton (publisher);
Armon Mills (publisher emeritus)
|Managing editors||Tony Quesada|
|Headquarters||San Diego Business Journal
4909 Murphy Canyon Rd., Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
The San Diego Business Journal is a weekly newspaper in San Diego, California covering local business news. Each week, the San Diego Business Journal examines the economic news, demographics and lifestyle profiles of San Diego, and the many ways that the San Diego economy operates. An emailed daily news update is also available by free subscription.
Regular departments include Up Front, highlighting stories featuring San Diego businesses and their decision-makers; Media & Technology, focusing on changes and innovations in the businesses that serve these fields; Small Business, profiling those smaller businesses moving into the fore; and Investment and Finance, where San Diego’s many public companies are profiled and analyzed. One of the features is The List, which ranks the top businesses in any given industry. Some of the categories include Largest Private Companies, Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Highest Paid Executives, Highest Revenue Generators, Permanent Placement Services List, etc. Each of these surveys is then compiled into the San Diego Business Journal's resource – the annual Book of Lists.
Reo Carr is the executive editor of the San Diego Business Journal.
The San Diego Business Journal was established in 1980. In 1986, American City Business Journals acquired the SDBJ with the purchase of Scripps Howard Business Journals. In 1988, ACBJ sold the Los Angeles and San Diego Business Journals to a group led by Kansas City developer Larry Bridges.
Armon Mills was named publisher in 2004. In August 2016, Huntley Paton was announced as the new publisher and president of the journal, effective September 1, 2016.
Year Established: 1980
Audit: ABC, 2004
Total Circulation: 15,610; Qualified Paid: 8,517
Qualified Nonpaid: n/a; Non-Qualified: 7,093
- San Diego Business Journal
- San Fernando Business Journal
- Orange County Business Journal
- Los Angeles Business Journal
- San Diego Business Journal - newspaper in San Diego, California USA covering local business news
- Two Companies Merging Business Journal Divisions
- Investor Group to Buy L.A., San Diego Business Journals
- Business Publisher Resigns to Head Australian Venture
- Jensen, Nels (August 21, 2016). "Huntley Paton Named Publisher of San Diego Business Journal". San Diego Business Journal. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- The Alliance of Area Business Publications - Delivering International, Regional, State & Local Business News