San Diego Derby Dolls
|Metro area||San Diego, California|
|Teams||The Wildfires (A travel team)
Sparks (B travel team)
The Swarm (Home Banked)
Diego Rollers (Home Banked)
Hard Corps (Home Banked)
|Track type(s)||Banked, Flat|
|Venue||The Dollhouse, Downtown San Diego|
The San Diego Derby Dolls (SDDD) is a roller derby league based in San Diego, California. Founded in 2005, the league originally had one travel team, called the Wildfires; two home teams, named the Swarm and the Diego Rollers; a "B" team, known as the Hard Corps; as well as a junior training team called the Juvenile Dollinquents. It currently consists of three teams, two of which are travel teams which compete against teams other leagues. The third team competes against the home teams of sister league, the Los Angeles Derby Dolls (LADD).
The league was founded by Bonnie D.Stroir, who lived in San Diego, but had been skating with LADD for two years. Around late 2006, the Dolls installed a banked track, but also continue to compete on a flat track, becoming the first "hybrid" league.
By 2009, the Dolls had about 80 skaters and nearly 1,000 fans. San Diego won the 2009 and 2010 editions of Battle on the Bank, the national banked track roller derby championship and came in 3rd place in the 2011 Battle on the Bank. In 2010, they were ranked 20th in the world in flat-track derby. In March 2011, they took on WFTDA Championship winners the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls on the Dolls' banked track, losing 100-125 to the flat track league.
San Diego was a founding member of the Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues in January 2012.
In December 2015, the San Diego Derby Dolls announced they had teamed up with local WFTDA roller derby league SoCal Derby to make the first coalition between a banked and flat track league under one roof in modern roller derby.
In media and culture
The San Diego Derby Dolls were the inspiration for the 2013 play Derbywise by Circle Circle dot dot.
In 2015, the San Diego Derby Dolls and General Manager, Isabelle Ringer, were highlighted on Mike Rowe's CNN Program 'Somebody's Gotta Do It' in episode entitles 'Derby Dolls.' 
- Accomando, Beth; McVicker, Nicholas (April 11, 2013). "Video: San Diego Derby Dolls". KPBS.
- Sanford, Jay Allen (9 May 2012). "Rock 'N' Roller Skates". San Diego, California: San Diego Reader. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- Nina Garin, "Dolls with wallop", San Diego Union-Tribune, 2 October 2009
- Helen Sanderson, "Roller derby comeback", North Coast Journal, 18 January 2007
- "Around the Horn: Derby Style", San Diego Gay and Lesbian News, 4 February 2011
- "Past Years". Battle on the Bank. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- Ballistic Bomber. "Oly Burns Up the Banked Track". Banked Track News. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- Hatch, Debbie (23 December 2010). "Cruisin' and Bruisin’". San Diego, California: SD News. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- Michael Stetz, "San Diego Derby Dolls to host flat-track champions", Sign On San Diego, 8 March 2011
- Busta Armov, "Rocky Mountain Conquers Banked Track" Derby News Network, 31 March 2011
- "RDCL Founding Members and Mission", Roller Derby Coalition of Leagues, January 1, 2012
- "Diego Derby Collaboration". Roller Derby San Diego. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "DERBY DOLLS / RATS VS. TERRIERS / SUPERPIG / SEASON 3". Mike Rowe. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
Los Angeles Derby Dolls
|Battle on the Bank winners