San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
|San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina|
|Location||333 West Harbor Dr.|
San Diego, California 92101
|Owner||Host Hotels & Resorts|
|Management||Marriott Hotels & Resorts|
|Roof||361 ft (110 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Welton Becket and Associates|
The San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is a hotel in San Diego, California. In the Marina district of Downtown San Diego, the hotel is composed of two towers of equal height. The two towers are the 20th tallest buildings in San Diego and are a prominent fixture in the city's skyline. The 25-story towers have a height of 361 ft (110 m) and contain 1,362 rooms. The hotel is affiliated with Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
The hotel was designed by Welton Becket and Associates, and built by developer Doug Manchester. The North Tower opened in 1984 as the Inter-Continental San Diego. The hotel doubled in size in 1987 with the addition of the south tower, at which point it was renamed San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. In 2008 Manchester sold the property to Host Hotels & Resorts.
The marina in operated by Marriott in concert with the San Diego Port Authority. Its 450 slips accommodate vessels between 25 and 150 feet. Berthed sailors are eligible for all hotel amenities delivered directly to their dock.
- Weisberg, Lori. "InterContinental returning to San Diego". Sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- Freeman, Mike (April 25, 2008). "Manchester sells stake in Marriott; Downtown hotel now 100% owned by Host". Sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "San Diego Waterfront - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina". Marriott.com.
- "Clark to Lead Construction of San Diego's Marriott Hall - Clark Construction". Clarkconstruction.com.
- Official San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina website
- Tower I and Tower II at Emporis.com
- Tower I and Tower II at SkyscraperPage.com
|This article about a hotel or resort in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|