San Francisco Dungeon
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, California, USA|
The San Francisco Dungeon is a tourist attraction which recreates historical events using 360° sets, special effects, and live actors. Visitors walk through the Dungeon, and are guided through each show by professional actors. The attraction also contains a dark boat ride.
The San Francisco Dungeon was opened in June 2014, following the success of its European counterparts which include the London Dungeon and the Amsterdam Dungeon. The Dungeons are owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments.
Shows & Rides
Shows and rides include:
- The Descent- visitors descend into the Dungeon in an old mine shaft elevator and meet businessman Colonel Jack Gamble
- Gold Rush Greed- a re-enactment of the clash between the natives and the new settlers on the American frontier in 1848
- Lost Mines of Sutter's Mill- visitors search the maze of mines for any remaining gold
- Streets of San Francisco- visitors meet gang The Hounds and their leader Sam Roberts down Kearny Street
- The Court of San Francisco- a re-enactment of an old San Francisco courtroom where visitors are interrogated by former mayor and judge "Mad Meade"
- Miss Piggott's Saloon- recreation of an old drinking saloon featuring Miss Piggott and Shanghai Kelly
- Shanghai Kelly's Boat Ride- boat ride through the back waterways to learn about the lives of those who were sold to work as sailors
- Chinatown Plague- recreation of the streets of San Francisco during the Black Death epidemic in 1900
- The Ghosts of Alcatraz- recreation of the Alcatraz military prison during the 1800s
- BuisenessWire. Madame Tussauds San Francisco and The San Francisco Dungeon Officially Opens in North America. Retrieved: 18 June 2015
- San Francisco Dungeon. Archived 2014-05-22 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved: 18 June 2015