San Francisco VA Medical Center
The San Francisco VA Medical Center, also called the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center or the SFVAMC, is a Veterans Affairs medical center, located in San Francisco. The main facility is on 42nd Avenue and Clement Street at the former Fort Miley Military Reservation in the Richmond District.  Fort Miley is located south of the Golden Gate and west of the San Francisco Presidio, on Point Lobos (San Francisco) surrounded by the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. 
SFVAMC has the largest funded research program in the Veterans Health Administration with $90.2 million in research expenditures (2015).  The current Medical Center Director is Bonnie S. Graham.  It serves as a teaching hospital for the UCSF School of Medicine.
The SFVAMC was founded in 1934.
Community-based outpatient clinics have been opened by the SFVAMC. They include: 
- San Francisco VA Downtown Clinic — primary medical care, comprehensive homeless center, psychosocial and health care services. 
- Clearlake VA Clinic, Clearlake, California
- Eureka VA Clinic, Eureka
- San Bruno VA Clinic, San Bruno
- Santa Rosa VA Clinic, Santa Rosa
- Ukiah VA Clinic, Ukiah
SFVAMC has been affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) for over 50 years. All physicians are jointly recruited by SFVAMC and UCSF School of Medicine.
The Northern California Institute of Research and Education is an independent non-profit research organization which is resident in the SFVAMC grounds.
The City College of San Francisco partnered with the SFVAMC to set up a veterans affairs health office on campus to target students using the G.I. Bill. The pilot program was reviewed by Craig Newmark in the San Francisco Chronicle, who stated that it is a good model for delivering healthcare services to young veterans nationwide.
- SFVAMC.gov: San Francisco VA Medical Center − Directions
- SFVAMC.gov: About the San Francisco VA Medical Center . accessed 12.1.2015.
- SFVAMC.gov: Leadership Team . accessed 12.1.2015.
- "About this Facility - San Francisco VA Medical Center". sanfrancisco.va.gov. 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- SFVAMC.gov: Locations
- San Francisco VA Downtown Clinic
- "Accreditations and Achievements - San Francisco VA Medical Center". sanfrancisco.va.gov. 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- Ncire.org: Northern California Institute of Research and Education
- Craig Newmark (13 June 2011). "The SF VA Medical Center at the City College of SF". San Francisco Chronicle. San Francisco: Hearst. ISSN 1932-8672. Retrieved 3 July 2011.