San Gabriel High School
|San Gabriel High School|
|San Gabriel, California
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Carpe Bos Cornu|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Crimson Red|
|Athletics conference||Almont League
CIF Southern Section
|Mascot||Gabriel the Bull|
|Yearbook||El Camino Real|
It traditionally served students residing in San Gabriel although the balance was shifted in 1994 when San Gabriel Unified School District separated itself from Alhambra Unified. Upon separation, SGUSD opened Gabrielino High School to serve its students. San Gabriel High School now serves students from portions of Alhambra, San Gabriel, and Rosemead.
San Gabriel High School first opened its doors in September 1955. It has been open with a couple of new buildings being built since then.
- Arthur H. Kruger (1955–1971)
- R. Reed Channell (1971–1975)
- Elizabeth C. Luttrell (1975–1977)
- Jack B. Mount (1977–1996)
- Linda Marryott (1996–1998)
- Barbara Randolph (1998–2000)
- Alex Ayala (2000–2004)
- Marsha Gilbert (2004–2007)
- Jim Schofield (2007–2015)
- Debbie Stone (2015- )
- Robby Jung, Asst. Principal of Guidance and Pupil Services
- Jeannie Gutierrez, Assistant Principal of Instruction
- Matthew Dultz, Asst. Principal of Business and Activities
- Jocelyn Castro, Asst. Principal of Student Services
- Khevin DeVaughn, Asst. Principal of Student Services
Students of San Gabriel High should complete 210 credits in order to graduate. San Gabriel offers 15 Advanced Placement (AP) courses including: English language, English literature, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, World History, US History, American Government, Chemistry, Biology, Physics 1, Psychology, Spanish language, Chinese language, and Art History.
The San Gabriel Cross Country team took 4th in State in 1991, led by a Cross Country champion, Angel Martinez.
The school has 2,429 students and 76 full-time teachers. The ethnic composition of San Gabriel High School is 57.1% Asian, 41% Hispanic, 1% White, 1% Two or More Races, 0.2% African American, and 0.1% Pacific Islander.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (September 2016)|
- David Henry Hwang, dramatist
- Mike Krukow, MLB pitcher, commentator
- Lamar A. Thorpe, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Antioch, CA
- Kim L. Nguyen, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge
- Felicia Hano, artistic gymnast
- Candy Johnson, singer and dancer
- Sylvia Mosqueda, long distance runner
- Steve Martini, legal thriller author, including two made into TV miniseries
- C. Rob Orr, All-American swimmer and Pan American Games medalist
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Alhambra city, CA (Sbeet 1)" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 6, 2015.
- "San Gabriel High School". Sghsmatadors.org. December 31, 1999. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "Course Listings".
- "Collections:David Henry Hwang". Los Angeles Times.
- San Gabriel High School Official Site
- San Gabriel High School Alumni Assn.
- Alhambra Unified School District Web Site
- San Gabriel High School Reunion Site