San Gabriel Unified School District
San Gabriel Unified School District, also known as SGUSD, is a public school district that serves the community of San Gabriel, California. It is located in the San Gabriel Valley area. SGUSD separated itself from the Alhambra Unified School District. This is a rather small district which has only one middle school and one high school. Del Mar High is a continuation school which provides service to the students who have discipline and/or grade problems or are behind credits to graduation.
In September 1994, with the opening of Gabrielino High School, SGUSD underwent a major restructuring, with Jefferson Middle School including the 6th to 8th grades (instead of the 7th to 9th) and Gabrielino High School taking the responsibility of the 9th graders.
SGUSD operates one high school, one middle school, and five elementary schools.
- Gabrielino High School
- Jefferson Middle School
- McKinley Elementary School
- Coolidge Elementary School
- Wilson Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School
- Roosevelt Elementary School
- Carrier, Susan (24 April 1994). "An Established Community With a Feeling of Family : North San Gabriel". Los Angeles TImes. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
|This Los Angeles County school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|