San Joaquin Delta College
|President||Kathy Hart, PhD (active)|
|Campus||175 acres (71 ha)|
San Joaquin Delta College is a community college in Stockton, California, formed as Stockton Junior College in 1935. In 1948 it became Stockton College. About 1963 it became San Joaquin Delta College.
San Joaquin Delta College is an accredited two-year college that provides undergraduate studies. It is located at 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, California.
Mountain House satellite campus
In August 2009 San Joaquin Delta College opened a satellite campus in Mountain House, San Joaquin County, California. The campus is more commonly known as the South Campus at Mountain House, and is located at 2073 S. Central Parkway, Mountain House, California 95391. It consists of 24 portable buildings, most of which serve as classrooms. It also has an administrative building and a student lounge.
The active President is Kathy Hart, Ph.D., who took over in February 2012.
Jeffrey Marsee, Ph.D., was the president at College of the Redwoods in Eureka, California for three years before coming to Stockton. By January 2012, the faculty had conducted a vote of "no confidence" against Marsee. Eventually, Marsee was placed on leave in February, officially tendered his resignation, and was released from his contract by February 29, 2012. Marsee had been a very controversial figure at Redwoods as well, and was noted as having a history of causing campus turmoil.
Susan Cota, the former chancellor of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, served as Interim President from July 2010 to May 2011.
Raul Rodriguez served as President from July 2002 to July 2009. He was previously the president at Los Medanos College in Pittsburg, California and acting president at San Jose City College in San Jose. He left to become the Chancellor of the Rancho Santiago Community College District in Santa Ana.
Ed Gould served as President from February 2000 to January 2002. He was previously a vice chancellor at the California Community College Chancellor's Office in Sacramento, California, president at Monterey Peninsula College in Monterey and Victor Valley College in Victorville.
Pat Doyle was head baseball coach of San Joaquin Delta College from 1976-2006, after he had a short career as a minor leaguer in the Boston Red Sox organization in 1966-67. He later was global coordinator for Major League Baseball's envoy program, coached the Anchorage Glacier Pilots in 1990 and 1991, coached Team USA in the 1994 Baseball World Cup, managed the British national team in the 2010 European Championship, and guided Team Israel in the 2011 European Championship Qualifiers. He is a member of the Stockton Athletic Hall of Fame, the Lodi Athletic Hall of Fame, and the California Community College Baseball Coaches Association (CCCBCA) Hall of Fame. He is a former President of the CCCBCA, which established the Doyle Scholarship in his honor.
- Scott Brooks (born 1965) - professional basketball coach, currently head coach of the Washington Wizards, and former professional basketball player
- Tory Bruno, Aerospace executive and rocket scientist. CEO of United Launch Alliance
- Phil Coke (born 1982) — MLB pitcher for the Detroit Tigers
- Bob Heinz (born 1947) — Former NFL football player for the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins
- Dolores Huerta (born 1930) — labor leader and civil rights activist
- Chris Isaak (born 1956) — Rock musician and occasional actor
- Dean Kremer (born 1996), Israeli-American baseball pitcher
- Bridget Marquardt (born 1973) — Former Girls Next Door television show
- John Nisby (born 1936) — former NFL guard with Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins
- Bill Sandeman (born 1942) — Former NFL football player for the Atlanta Falcons
- Norman D. Shumway (born 1934) — former U.S. Representative from California
- "A Colorful History — Part 1". www.deltacollege.edu. 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "A Colorful History — Part 2". www.deltacollege.edu. 2010. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "San Joaquin Delta College". www.californiacolleges.edu. 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-05-27. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- "San Joaquin Delta College at Stockton, California - Transportation Education". edumaritime.com. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Alex Breitler. "Delta College president gets 'no confidence' staff vote". recordnet.com. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Delta Releases Jeff Marsee". www.deltacollege.edu. 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- Alex Breitler. "Delta ignored warning signs". recordnet.com. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Meet the Speakers of the DBV/ISG Convention 2014: Pat Doyle (USA) - Baseball - Mister Baseball
- New Foundation Members
- 2013 Pat Doyle Sholarship - California Community College Baseball Coaches Association
- "Phil Coke Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "NFL Alumni". California Community Colleges Chancelor’s Office. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Dolores Huerta - Co-founder, United Farm Workers". California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "In Memory of John E. Nisby". Frisbie Warren & Carroll Mortuary. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "From Swimmer To Footballer". Herald-Journal. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- SHUMWAY, Norman David, (1934 - ), Biographical Directory of the United States Congress