San Miguel, Iloilo
Map of Iloilo with San Miguel highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Iloilo|
|• Mayor||Marina Luz S. Gorriceta|
|• Vice-mayor||Bonifacio S. Salapantan Jr.|
|• Total||31.97 km2 (12.34 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
The municipality is bordered by Cabatuan in the north, Sta. Barbara and Pavia in the East, Alimodian and Leon in the west and by Oton in the south. Southeast of San Miguel is Mandurriao district of Iloilo City.
It is the site of Aganan River Dam, which is an agricultural purpose dam used for irrigation of the ricefields in the surrounding towns. Pepsi Bottlers Philippines Inc. has a bottling plant in San Miguel, which supplies Pepsi products in Panay Island.
- Brgy. 1 Pob. (Roxas St.)
- Brgy. 2 Pob. (Salvilla Sto. Rosario)
- Brgy. 3 Pob. (A.S. Suarez St. Zone 1)
- Brgy. 4 Pob. (A.S. Suarez East)
- Brgy. 5 Pob. (Santiago St. North)
- Brgy. 6 Pob. (Santiago St. South)
- Brgy. 7 Pob. (San Roque St. South)
- Brgy. 8 Pob. (Montaño-San Roque)
- Brgy. 9 Pob. (Salazar San Jose)
- Brgy. 10 Pob. (R.V. Sanchez St. South)
- Brgy. 11 Pob. (R.V. Sanchez St. North)
- Brgy. 12 Pob. (Sales Malaga Saliedo)
- Brgy. 13 Pob. (Sta.Rita-Saclauso St.)
- Brgy. 14 Pob. (San Miguel North)
- Brgy. 15 Pob. (San Miguel South)
- Brgy. 16 Pob. (San Agustin St.)
- San Antonio
- San Jose
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Teresa
- Santo Angel
- Santo Niño
- "Pob." stands for poblacion
|Population census of San Miguel|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of San Miguel, Iloilo, was 27,686 people, with a density of 870 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,300 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|