San Miguel, Iloilo
|Municipality of San Miguel|
Map of Iloilo with San Miguel highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||2nd district of Iloilo|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Marina Luz S. Gorriceta|
|• Vice Mayor||Bonifacio S. Salapantan Jr.|
|• Congressman||Michael B. Gorriceta|
|• Electorate||15,952 voters (2019)|
|• Total||31.97 km2 (12.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|• Income class||4th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||18.92% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||77,213,213.45 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Native languages||Kinaray-a language|
San Miguel, officially the Municipality of San Miguel, (Hiligaynon: Banwa sang San Miguel, Tagalog: Bayan ng San Miguel), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 27,686 people.
San Miguel is 17 kilometres (11 mi) from Iloilo City.
The municipality is bordered by Cabatuan in the north, Santa Barbara and Pavia in the East, Alimodian and Leon in the west and by Oton in the south. Southeast of San Miguel is Mandurriao district of Iloilo City.
It is the site of Aganan River Dam, which is an agricultural purpose dam used for irrigation of the ricefields in the surrounding towns. Pepsi Bottlers Philippines Inc. has a bottling plant in San Miguel, which supplies Pepsi products in Panay Island.
- Barangay 1 Pob. (Roxas St.)
- Barangay 2 Pob. (Salvilla Santo Rosario)
- Barangay 3 Pob. (A.S. Suarez St. Zone 1)
- Barangay 4 Pob. (A.S. Suarez East)
- Barangay 5 Pob. (Santiago St. North)
- Barangay 6 Pob. (Santiago St. South)
- Barangay 7 Pob. (San Roque St. South)
- Barangay 8 Pob. (Montaño-San Roque)
- Barangay 9 Pob. (Salazar San Jose)
- Barangay 10 Pob. (R.V. Sanchez St. South)
- Barangay 11 Pob. (R.V. Sanchez St. North)
- Barangay 12 Pob. (Sales Malaga Saliedo)
- Barangay 13 Pob. (SantaRita-Saclauso St.)
- Barangay 14 Pob. (San Miguel North)
- Barangay 15 Pob. (San Miguel South)
- Barangay 16 Pob. (San Agustin St.)
- San Antonio
- San Jose
- Santa Cruz
- Santa Teresa
- Santo Angel
- Santo Niño
- "Pob." stands for poblacion
|Population census of San Miguel|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of San Miguel, Iloilo, was 27,686 people, with a density of 870 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,300 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|