San Rafael Department
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Departamento San Rafael
location of in Mendoza Province
|Established||April 2, 1805|
|• Mayor||Emir Alberto Félix , PJ|
|• Total||31 km2 (12 sq mi)|
|• Total||173,571 (2,001 census [INDEC])|
|Patron saint||San Rafael Arcángel|
- Geographical location: 34° 15´ to 36° southern latitude and 70° 10´ to 66° 55´ eastern longitude.
- Area: 31,235 km² (20.82% of the provincial area)
- Extension: 204 km from north to south. 298 km from east to west
- Altitude: 750 m above sea level.
- North: San Carlos Department, Santa Rosa Department, Mendoza and La Paz Department, Mendoza
- East: San Luis Province and General Alvear Department
- South: La Pampa Province and Malargüe Department
- West: Chile.
The department is subdivided in 18 districts: Ciudad, El Cerrito, Cuadro Nacional, Las Malvinas District, El Sosneado (added in 2005, it used to belong to Cuadro Benegas, but then it was added as a district), Las Paredes, La Llave, Cuadro Benegas, Cuadro Nacional, Cañada Seca, Goudge, Jaime Prats, Monte Comán, Rama Caída, Real del Padre, Punta del Agua, Villa Atuel and Villa 25 de Mayo.
|This article about a place in Mendoza Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|