San Rafael Department
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Departamento San Rafael
location of in Mendoza Province
|Established||April 2, 1805|
|• Mayor||Emir Alberto Félix , PJ|
|• Total||31 km2 (12 sq mi)|
|• Total||173,571 (2,001 census [INDEC])|
|Patron saint||San Rafael Arcángel|
- Geographical location: 34° 15´ to 36° southern latitude and 70° 10´ to 66° 55´ eastern longitude.
- Area: 31,235 km² (20.82% of the provincial area)
- Extension: 204 km from north to south. 298 km from east to west
- Altitude: 750 m above sea level.
- North: San Carlos Department, Santa Rosa Department, Mendoza and La Paz Department, Mendoza
- East: San Luis Province and General Alvear Department
- South: La Pampa Province and Malargüe Department
- West: Chile.
The department is subdivided in 18 districts: Ciudad, El Cerrito, Cuadro Nacional, Las Malvinas District, El Sosneado (added in 2005, it used to belong to Cuadro Benegas, but then it was added as a district), Las Paredes, La Llave, Cuadro Benegas, Cuadro Nacional, Cañada Seca, Goudge, Jaime Prats, Monte Comán, Rama Caída, Real del Padre, Punta del Agua, Villa Atuel and Villa 25 de Mayo.
|This article about a place in Mendoza Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|