San Ramón, Chile
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Miguel Ángel Aguilera Sanhueza (PS)|
|• Total||6.5 km2 (2.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||15,000/km2 (38,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of San Ramón|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, San Ramón spans an area of 6.5 km2 (3 sq mi) and has 94,906 inhabitants (46,596 men and 48,310 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 5.9% (5,911 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Average annual household income: US$23,878 (PPP, 2006)[failed verification]
- Population below poverty line: 16.7% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 70.19, mid-low, 42 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.679, 170 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, San Ramón is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Miguel Ángel Aguilera Sanhueza (PS). The communal council has the following members:
- Mónica Aguilera Sanhueza (PS)
- Genaro Balladares Schwaner (DC)
- Claudia Lange Farias (UDI)
- Sylvia Reyes Terán (DC)
- Max Pardo Ramirez (PC)
- Julio Soto Martinez (PRI)
- Roxana Riquelme Tabach (PS)
- Manuel Arzola Bustamante (PPD)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, San Ramón is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Tucapel Jiménez (PPD) and Mr. Iván Moreira (UDI) as part of the 27th electoral district, (together with El Bosque and La Cisterna). The commune is represented in the Senate by Soledad Alvear Valenzuela (PDC) and Pablo Longueira Montes (UDI) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
- "Municipality of San Ramón" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 13 July 2010. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "System of Regional Information". Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 23 April 2008. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán. UNDP. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- (in Spanish) Municipality of San Ramón