San Roque, Northern Samar
Map of Northern Samar with San Roque highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||District of Northern Samar|
|• Mayor||Don L. Abalon|
|• Total||152.98 km2 (59.07 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Republic Act No. 2102, which created the municipality of San Roque, was enacted without executive approval on March 28, 1959. The territory of the town was described as follows:
- On the north by the limits of the municipal water as prescribed by the Revised Administrative Code;
- On the Northeast in straight line starting from the seashore down to the Cacapisan Creek passing Dale up to the bank of the Pambujan River;
- On the East thru a straight line from the bank of the Pambujan River running south-westerly to the mouth of the Cabigaho Creek;
- On the West by a straight line retaining the former boundary between Mondragon and Pambujan.
The law creating the town referred to the barrios of Lao-angan, Corocong, Dale, Balnasan, Bantayan, Pagsang-an, Malobago, Lawa-an, Ginagda-an, and Balud and the sitio of Cabigaho as comprising the town.
The following served as Municipal Mayors of San Roque, Northern Samar: Diego Merino (appointed, 1960-1963); Juan Abalon (elected, 1964-1967); Oscar Abalon (elected, 1968-1980); Lucio Abalon (elected, 1980-1981 - died in office 15 Sept 1981); Enriquito Lagrimas (succeeded, 1981-1986); Eliseo Lim (designated OIC, 1986-1987); Froctuoso Solomon (designated OIC, 1987-1988); Ramon Lubos (elected, 1988-1998); Benito Tuballas (succeeded, 1988); Don Abalon (elected, 1998-2004); Andre Abalon (elected, 2004-2013 - died in office 13 May 2013); Jocelyn Curso (succeeded, 2013); Don Abalon (elected 2013–present: first mayor to return to office)
- Balnasan - Chairman: Ronald Mora (3rd Term)
- Balud - Chairman: Diogenes Tuba (1st Term)
- Bantayan - Chairman: Aurora Limpiado (1st Term)
- Coroconog - Chairman: Luz Mora (2nd Term)
- Dale - Chairman: Florentino Avalon (3rd Term)
- Ginagdanan - Chairman: Daniel Sallave (2nd Term)
- Lao-angan - Chairman: Nardito Jarito (3rd Term)
- Lawaan - Chairman: Olimpio Baluyot (1st Term)
- Malobago - Chairman: Jerry Bantilo (1st Term)
- Pagsang-an Chairman: Elmer Enero (2nd Term)
- Zone 1 (Pob.) - Chairman: Miguel Ferreras (1st Term)
- Zone 2 (Pob.) - Chairman: Antonio Baluyot (1st Term)
- Zone 3 (Pob.) - Chairman: Ricky Enero (1st Term)
- Zone 4 (Pob.) - Chairman: Elito Suan (2nd Term)
- Zone 5 (Pob.) - Chairman: Freddie Jarito (1st Term)
- Zone 6 (Pob.) - Chairman: Maritess Fuentes (1st Term)
|Population census of San Roque|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Province: Northern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "R.A. No. 2102, An Act to Create the Municipality of San Roque in the Province of Samar". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- "Province of Northern Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System