San Roque, Northern Samar
|Municipality of San Roque|
Map of Northern Samar with San Roque highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Barangays||16 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Don L. Abalon|
|• Electorate||15,394 voters (2016)|
|• Total||152.98 km2 (59.07 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||81,091,764.38 (2016)|
Republic Act No. 2102, which created the municipality of San Roque, was enacted without executive approval on March 28, 1959. The territory of the town was described as follows:
- On the north by the limits of the municipal water as prescribed by the Revised Administrative Code;
- On the Northeast in straight line starting from the seashore down to the Cacapisan Creek passing Dale up to the bank of the Pambujan River;
- On the East thru a straight line from the bank of the Pambujan River running south-westerly to the mouth of the Cabigaho Creek;
- On the West by a straight line retaining the former boundary between Mondragon and Pambujan.
The law creating the town referred to the barrios of Lao-angan, Coroconog, Dale, Balnasan, Bantayan, Pagsang-an, Malobago, Lawa-an, Ginagda-nan, and Balud and the sitio of Cabigaho as comprising the town.
The following served as Municipal Mayors of San Roque, Northern Samar: Diego Merino (appointed, 1960-1963); Juan Abalon (elected, 1964-1967); Oscar Abalon (elected, 1968-1980); Lucio Abalon (elected, 1980-1981 - died in office 15 Sept 1981); Enriquito Lagrimas (succeeded, 1981-1986); Eliseo Lim (designated OIC, 1986-1987); Froctuoso Solomon (designated OIC, 1987-1988); Ramon Lubos (elected, 1988-1998); Benito Tuballas (succeeded, 1998); Don Abalon (elected, 1998-2004); Andre Abalon (elected, 2004-2013 - died in office 13 May 2013); Jocelyn Curso (succeeded, 2013); Don Abalon (elected 2013–present: first mayor to return to office)
- Balnasan - Chairman: Ronald Mora (3rd Term)
- Balud - Chairman: Diogenes Tuba (1st Term)
- Bantayan - Chairman: Aurora Limpiado (1st Term)
- Coroconog - Chairman: Luz Mora (2nd Term)
- Dale - Chairman: Florentino Avalon (3rd Term)
- Ginagdanan - Chairman: Daniel Sallave (2nd Term)
- Lao-angan - Chairman: Nardito Jarito (3rd Term)
- Lawaan - Chairman: Olimpio Baluyot (1st Term)
- Malobago - Chairman: Jerry Bantilo (1st Term)
- Pagsang-an Chairman: Elmer Enero (2nd Term)
- Zone 1 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Miguel Ferreras (1st Term)
- Zone 2 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Antonio Baluyot (1st Term)
- Zone 3 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Ricky Enero (1st Term)
- Zone 4 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Elito Suan (2nd Term)
- Zone 5 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Freddie Jarito (1st Term)
- Zone 6 (Poblacion) - Chairman: Maritess Fuentes (1st Term)
|Population census of San Roque|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Northern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "R.A. No. 2102, An Act to Create the Municipality of San Roque in the Province of Samar". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Northern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.