San Sebastian College – Recoletos
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Colegio de San Sebastián-Recoletos
Kolehiyo ng San Sebastián-Rekoletos
Dalubhasaan ng San Sebastián-Rekoletos
Searching for Knowledge in the Spirit of Charity
|Motto||Caritas et Scientia (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Love and Knowledge|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic, Agustinian Recollects (OAR)|
|President||Rev. Fr. Nemesio D. Tolentin, OAR|
|Location||Recto Avenue, Manila, Philippines|
|Hymn||San Sebastian College Hymn|
|Colors||Red and Gold|
|Affiliations||ACUCA, ASEACCU, NCAA, PAASCU, U-Belt|
San Sebastian College – Recoletos (SSC-R), commonly known by its nickname Bastê, is a Catholic institution of higher learning in the Philippines. The school is a part of the Augustinian Recollect schools in the Philippines, and is owned and operated by the Order of Augustinian Recollects.
SSC-R, situated in the heart of Manila, in R. Hidalgo Street, Quiapo, was named after Roman centurion turned martyr Saint Sebastian. The College had a relatively humble beginning. Its first functional lone building was an old convent: a two-storey Hispanic edifice made of stone and wood with capiz shell windows. The building served as classrooms of the first batch of 200 elementary and high school enrollees. SSC-R was then an exclusive school for boys.
SSC-R was established in March 1941 but was in hiatus from 1942 to 1945 during World War II. It formally reopened after the war in 1947. Sebastinian, Filipino: Sebastino, refers to alumni and current students, teaching and non-teaching personnel as well as administrators of San Sebastian College-Recoletos.
The College was granted Level 3 accreditation by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities or PAASCU in the Elementary department, High School Department and the College Department, including the Graduate Studies and College of Law.
San Sebastian College–Recoletos, Manila maintains the lone and highest slot in Tourism being accredited Level 3 by PAASCU, as well as its Arts programs, Business Administration and Psychology courses.
- College of Accountancy, Business Administration, and Computer Studies (CABACS)
- College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- College of International Hospitality Management (CIHM)
- College of Law
- Basic Education (comprising the Grade School, Junior High School, and Senior High School)
- Institute of Graduate Studies (IGS)
- Religious Education (ReEd)
College of Law
It offers a four-year Juris Doctor course (J.D), a renamed version of its former Bachelor of Laws (Ll.B).
The Institute of Law is strongly supported by the Lex Cervus, a law fraternity founded in 1977 whose name means Law of the Stags. Its sister counterpart, Lex Agustiana Sororitas, is a law sorority founded in 1986. Fraternal Order of Leviathan is the other dominant recognized fraternity which was founded by Dean Cajayon of PUP College of Law is still in existent with rosters of academically-inclined fellows.
Del Carmen Gate
San Sebastian College–Recoletos, Manila has two separate gates namely the Recto Gate, which is the main entrance and the (Plaza) Del Carmen Gate, in which the parking lot is located.
During the 50th Founding Anniversary of San Sebastian College - Recoletos, the administration erected a statue of Pedro H. Gandia, Jr., a Sebastinian scout who, along with the rest of the Philippine contingent, died in a plane crash while on their way to attend the 11th World Scout Jamboree.
Sebastinian Outreach Foundation, Inc
San Sebastian College-Recoletos, Manila as a Catholic institution, is giving witness to the Augustinian Recollect charism as a way of living faith and Christianity through the Institutional Community Outreach/Extension Program, supervised by the Sebastinian Outreach Foundation Incorporated (SOFI).
The Sebastinian identity
Golden Stag history
- Their 5-time consecutive NCAA Seniors' Basketball Championships (achieved from 1993–1998) is the longest dynasty streak in the NCAA under the leadership then of now Bmeg Derby Ace front man Rommel Adducul
- San Sebastian Golden Stags won the Seniors' Basketball Championship Game twice in 2001-2002.
- In NCAA season 85, San Sebastian Golden Stags ended their 7-year title drought by claiming the Senior's Basketball Championship crown with rookie coach, Ato Agustin from host, San Beda College, which at that time, already had a 3-year dynasty in the NCAA and aimed to defy San Sebastian's dynasty streak.
- The other senior varsity teams may also be referred to as the Stags. The junior varsity teams are known as the San Sebastian Golden Staglets, while the women's teams are called the San Sebastian Lady Stags.
- In NCAA season 86, the San Sebastian Lady Stags bagged their 6-time Senior's Volleyball Championship Game with coach Roger Gorayeb.
- The staple cheer is Bravo Baste. The supporters of the San Sebastian Golden Stags are known as "bronx warriors".
- Their most prominent rivals in the league of athletics are Colegio de San Juan de Letran and San Beda College.
- SSC-R Article Archive
- SSC-R as an exclusive for boys school. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos HS Student Handbook. San Sebastian College-Recoletos de Manila. 2001–2002. p. 8.
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos HS Student Handbook. San Sebastian College-Recoletos de Manila. 2002. p. 24.
- Level 3 in Tourism and Arts Program. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
-  Juris Doctor Program. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
-  SSC-R Top 20. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Sebastian College – Recoletos.|