San Vicente Reservoir
|San Vicente Reservoir|
Panorama of San Vicente Reservoir - May 2011
|Location||San Diego County, California|
|Primary inflows||San Vicente Creek, First San Diego Aqueduct|
|Primary outflows||San Vicente Creek, San Vicente Pipelines 1 and 2|
|Catchment area||75 sq mi (190 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||1,100 acres (4.5 km2)|
|Water volume||145,200,000 cu yd (90,000 acre·ft)|
San Vicente Reservoir is a reservoir created by the San Vicente Dam in San Diego County, California. It is located in the Cuyamaca Mountains, approximately 4.3 miles (6.9 km) north of Lakeside off of California State Route 67.
In 2009, construction began of a $568 million project to increase the size of San Vicente Reservoir twofold. San Diego County Water Authority officials are hoping to receive funding from Proposition 18 (the $11.1 billion bond to upgrade the Californian water supply), but will continue the upgrade without these funds if the Proposition is unsuccessful. 
As the San Vicente Dam is currently being raised, the reservoir has been closed off for recreational uses until the period between 2014-2017 when it reaches new levels. The raising of the dam will more than double the reservoir's current capacity of 145,200,000 cu yd (111,000,000 m3) by increasing it 245,226,666 cu yd (187,489,239 m3) to a total of 390,426,666 cu yd (298,502,604 m3).
- Hill, Joseph (Winter 2002). "Dry Rivers, Dammed Rivers and Floods: An Early History of the Struggle Between Droughts and Floods in San Diego". The Journal of San Diego History, Volume 48, Number 1. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Department of Water Resources (2009). "San Vicente Reservoir (SVT)". California Data Exchange Center. State of California. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- "San Vicente Dam Raise". San Diego County Water Authority. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: San Vicente Reservoir
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: San Vicente Creek
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: San Vicente Dam
|This San Diego County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|