Sanam Teri Kasam (2016 film)
|Sanam Teri Kasam|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Radhika Rao|
|Produced by||Deepak Mukut|
|Written by||Radhika Rao|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Box office||est.₹9 crore (US$1.3 million)|
Sanam Teri Kasam (transl. Swear on you, my beloved) is a 2016 Indian romantic tragedy film, starring Harshvardhan Rane and Mawra Hocane. It is directed by the duo Radhika Rao-Vinay Sapru and produced by Deepak Mukut. The film is a modern rendition of the novel Love Story by Eric Segal. The film was released worldwide on 5 February 2016 under the production banner of Eros Now.
Saraswati "Saru" Parthasaarthy (Mawra Hocane) is an extremely traditional, young librarian, who gets rejected by many suitors who find her "old-fashioned" and "unappealing". Her younger sister Kaveri's fiancé issues her an ultimatum to marry him within a month or else move on. But her strict father, Jayram Parthasarthy (Manish Choudhary) says that her wedding cannot happen till Saru gets married. Enraged, Kaveri insults her and threatens to elope. Saru begs her not to elope and hurt their father, and promises Kaveri that she will find a husband soon.
In the same building, lives Inder Lal Parihaar (Harshvardhan Rane), a handsome ex-convict and his fashionista girlfriend, renowned stylist Ruby Malhotra (Shraddha Das). Jayram views them as a bad influence to the society as he finds them embarrassing. After a few days, however, they break-up. When Saru's parents are out of town, Saru secretly meets Inder and seeks help to get her a makeover appointment from Ruby. She wants to impress her office crush Abhimanyu who holds a degree in IIT. During their conversation, a drunken Ruby barges in and presumes Inder to be cheating on her. In a fit of rage, she insults Saru and throws her wine bottle on Saru and leaves, but Inder shields her and gets badly injured . Saru helps Inder to his bed while the watchman approaches Inder's apartment and misunderstands the scene of them having a physical relationship and alerts all the elders of the society. Unaware, Saru helps Inder tend to his wounds despite his reluctance. Jayram returns early from his trip. He and the elders, find Saru with Inder on his bed, completely misunderstanding the situation, while Jayram disowns her.
Saru tells her mother what really happened that night, but asks her not to tell her father, because he has finally consented for Kaveri's wedding. Inder helps her find an apartment and also get her a makeover. With her new makeover, she grabs the attention of Abhimanyu. Meanwhile, Inder falls in love with her, but keeps quiet when Abhimanyu proposes to her, because he wants her to be happy. However, Abhimanyu rejects her on the day of the wedding, because his father does not want a disowned daughter-in-law. Saru is left heartbroken and goes to her honeymoon suite. From there, Saru and Inder spend time together. The next morning, Inder witnesses Saru embracing Abhimanyu and leaves heartbroken. Inder spirals into depression, breaking off all contacts with Saru. When he learns from Abhimanyu that Saru had actually rejected Abhimanyu's request for a second chance, he tracks her down and finds her in a Buddhist monastery, where he professes his love to her. Saru passes out and Inder takes her to the hospital, where he discovers she is suffering from meningioma. He forcibly enters Saru's parents' house and demands them to stop pretending that their daughter is dead. The next day he is arrested for charges pressed by Jayram. Saru gets discharged and goes to the library, where she discovers the secret messages Inder left for her in check-out slips, realizing that he has loved her from the beginning. The two unite and Saru asks Inder to marry her.
That night, Saru tells him that after her death, she desires to be buried under a beautiful flowering tree. Inder meets Jayram and tells him that he is marrying Saru and can even die for her. On their wedding day, Saru's parents arrive and accept their wedding. Saru faints after the wedding and gets hospitalised. Her parents learn about her disease, and Jayram feels heartbroken and guilty. Inder asks his father, Rajinder Lal Parihar (Sudesh Berry), with whom he has a strained relationship, to acquire for him the land under the tree for Saru's burial. Saru dies in Inder's arms, and Inder is left heartbroken. Inder finds Rajinder in the hospital and reconciles with him.
Now a successful lawyer, Inder stands at the tree that marks Saru's grave. He asserts that she must be happy to see him successful and sober. He says that he misses her and expresses a promise of eternal true love.
- Harshvardhan Rane as Inder Parihaar
- Mawra Hocane as Saraswati "Saru" Parthasaarthy/ Saraswati Inder Parihaar
- Manish Choudhary as Jayram Parthasaarthy, Saru's father
- Pyumori Mehta as Arundhati Parthasaarthy
- Divyetta Singh as Kaveri Parthasaarthy, Saru's sister
- Anurag Sinha as Abhimanyu Shastry, Saru's friend and later fiancé
- Murli Sharma as Inspector Hari Nikam
- Shraddha Das as Ruby Malhotra
- Vijay Raaz as Mushtaqeen Bhai
- Sudesh Berry as Rajinder lal Parihaar, Inder's father
- Ravii Sharma as Pandit
- Krishna Rathod
- Alok Pandey as watchman
A first look of the film was unveiled on 7 December 2015 by Eros Now via a tweet and was scheduled for release on 8 January 2016. Trailer of the film was released on 15 December 2015 with a new release date of 5 February. Film was released worldwide on 5 February 2016 under the production banner of Eros Now. Upon release, the film received mixed reviews.
|Sanam Teri Kasam|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||7 January 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Himesh Reshammiya chronology|
The songs were composed by Himesh Reshammiya. Lyrics were penned by Sameer Anjaan, Shabbir Ahmed, Reshammiya and Subrat Sinha. The title track was released on 22 December 2015, and complete album was released on 7 January 2016.
|1.||"Sanam Teri Kasam"||Sameer Anjaan||Ankit Tiwari, Palak Muchhal||05:14|
|2.||"Kheech Meri Photo"||Sameer Anjaan||Darshan Raval, Neeti Mohan, Akasa Singh||04:44|
|3.||"Bewajah"||Sameer Anjaan||Himesh Reshammiya||05:08|
|4.||"Tera Chehra"||Shabbir Ahmed||Arijit Singh||04:34|
|5.||"Haal-E-Dil" (Male)||Sameer Anjaan||Sreerama||05:34|
|6.||"Haal-E-Dil" (Female)||Sameer Anjaan||Neeti Mohan||05:24|
|7.||"Ek Number"||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya, Neeti Mohan||04:20|
|8.||"Main Teri Yaadon Mein"||Subrat Sinha||Arijit Singh||04:16|
|9.||"Sanam Teri Kasam" (Reprise)||Sameer Anjaan||Mohammad Irfan Ali, Palak Muchhal||04:56|
The film grossed approximately ₹12.5 million (US$180,000) on the first day of release, ₹46.6 million (US$650,000) on the weekend and( 3.4million) in the first week. The film was declared[by whom?] as average grosser at the box office.
This is the
- "Sanam Teri Kasam". Eros Now. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "SANAM TERI KASAM (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Joginder Tuteja (12 February 2016). "Box Office Report Of Ghayal Once Again, Airlift, Sanam Teri Kasam". koimoi. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "First look of Sanam Teri Kasam unveiled on Twitter". The Statesman. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Check Out The First Look Of Upcoming Love Story 'Sanam Teri Kasam'". koimoi.com. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "First look of Mawra Hocane's 'Sanam Teri Kasam' unveiled". The Express Tribune. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Mawra Hocane's debut Bollywood film 'Sanam Teri Kasam', trailer released". The News Teller. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Eros releases first look of Mawra's "Sanam Teri Kasam"". Daily Times (Pakistan). 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "First Look Revlead: 'Sanam Teri Kasam' Mawra & Harshvardhan Sizzling Romance". The Reveille. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Sanam Teri Kasam Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Ghayal Once Again, Sanam Teri Kasam to clash at box-office today". The Indian Express. 4 February 2016.
- Namrata Joshi. "Sanam Teri Kasam review: Where tears rule the screen". The Hindu.
- "Out now: Mawra's 'Sanam Teri Kasam' title track is a tearjerker". The Express Tribune. 22 December 2015. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "First glimpse of Mawra Hocane's debut film 'Sanam Teri Kasam' out". The News Teller. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Sanam Teri Kasam box office collections: Harshvardhan, Mawra Hocane starrer earns Rs. 4.66 cr. in its opening weekend". Indian Express. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
<marquee>= External links =</marquee>