Sanam Teri Kasam (2016 film)
|Sanam Teri Kasam|
|Directed by||Radhika Rao|
|Produced by||Deepak Mukut|
|Written by||Radhika Rao|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Distributed by||Eros Now|
|Box office||est.₹9 crore (US$1.3 million)|
Sanam Teri Kasam (English: Swear On You My Beloved) is a 2016 Indian romantic drama film, starring Harshvardhan Rane and Mawra Hocane. It is directed by the duo Radhika Rao-Vinay Sapru and produced by Deepak Mukut. The film is a modern rendition of the novel Love Story by Eric Segal. The film was released worldwide on 5 February 2016 under the production banner of Eros Now.
The movie portrays the beautiful, heart touching love story of an ex-convict and a simple librarian who unexpectedly cross each other's paths leading to eternal love.
Saraswati "Saru" Parthasaarthy (Mawra Hocane), is an extremely traditional, young librarian, who gets rejected by many suitors who find her "old-fashioned" and "unappealing". Her younger sister Kaveri's fiance issues her an ultimatum to marry him within a month or else move on. But her strict father, Jayram Parthasarthy (Manish Choudhary) says that her wedding cannot happen till Saru gets married. Enraged, Kaveri insults her and threatens to elope. Saru begs her not to elope and hurt their father, and promises Kaveri that she will find a husband.
In the same apartment, lives Inder (Harshvardhan Rane), a handsome ex-convict and his fashionista girlfriend Ruby. Mr.Jayram views them as a bad influence to the society as he finds them embracing. After a few days, however, they breakup. When her parents are out of town, Saru secretly meets Inder and seeks help get her a makeover appointment from Ruby. She wants to impress her office crush Abhimanyu. During their conversation, Ruby barges in and presumes Inder to be cheating on her. In a fit of rage, she throws a glass bottle on Saru, but Inder shields her and is badly injured. The watchman presumes that they had a physical relationship and alerts all the elders of the society. Unaware, Saru helps Inder tend to his wounds despite his reluctance. Jayram returns early from his trip. He and the elders, find Saru with Inder on his bed and jumps into conclusions and disowns her.
Saru tells her mother what really happened that night, but asks her not to tell her dad, because he has finally consented for Kaveri's wedding. Inder helps her find an apartment and also get a makeover. With her new makeover, she grabs the attention of Abhimanyu. Meanwhile, Inder falls in love with her, but keeps quiet when Abhimanyu proposes to her, because he wants her to be happy. However, Abhimanyu rejects her on the day of the wedding, because his father does not want a disowned daughter-in-law. Saru is left heartbroken. She travels to her honeymoon suite and asks Inder to make love to her for consolation. At first, he refuses, but he later agrees. The next morning however, he witnesses Saru embracing Abhimanyu and leaves.
Heartbroken, Inder spirals into depression, breaking off contact with Saru. When he learns however that Saru had actually rejected Abimanyu's request for a second chance, he tracks her down and finds her in a Buddhist monastery, where he professes his love to her. Saru passes out and Inder takes her to the hospital, where he discovers she has meningioma . He forcibly enters Saru's parents' house and demands that they stop pretending their daughter is dead . The next day he is arrested for charges pressed by Jayram. Saru gets discharged and goes to the library, where she discovers the secret messages Inder left for her in check-out slips, realizing that he has liked her from the beginning. The two unite and Saru asks Inder to marry her.
That night, Saru tells him that after her death, she desires to be buried under a tree. Inder meets Jayram and tells him that he is marrying Saru and can even die for her. On their wedding day, Saru's parents arrive and accept their wedding. Saru faints after the wedding. Inder asks his father, with whom he has a strained relationship, to acquire for him the land under the tree for Saru's burial. Saru dies in Inder's arms. Inder finds his father in the hospital, reconciling with him.
Now a successful lawyer, Inder stands at the tree that marks Saru's grave. He asserts that she must be happy to see him successful and sober. He says that he misses her and expresses a promise of eternal true love.
- Harshvardhan Rane as Inder Parihaar
- Mawra Hocane as Saraswati "Saru" Parthasaarthy
- Manish Choudhary as Jayram Parthasaarthy, Saru's father
- Pyumori Mehta as Saru's mother
- Divyetta Singh as Kaveri Parthasaarthy, Saru's sister
- Anurag Sinha as Abhimanyu Shastry, Saru's friend and later fiancé
- Murli Sharma as policeman
- Shraddha Das as Ruby Malhotra
- Vijay Raaz as stylist
- Sudesh Berry as Rajinderlal Parihaar, Inder's Father
- Ravii Sharma as Pandit
- krishna rathod as SIDE ROLE
A first look of the film was unveiled on 7 December 2015 by Eros Now via a tweet and was scheduled for release on 8 January 2016. Trailer of the film was released on 15 December 2015 with a new release date of 5 February. Film was released worldwide on February 5, 2016 under the production banner of Eros Now. Upon release, the film received mixed reviews.
|Sanam Teri Kasam|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||7 January 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Himesh Reshammiya chronology|
|1.||"Sanam Teri Kasam"||Sameer Anjaan||Ankit Tiwari, Palak Muchhal||05:14|
|2.||"Kheech Meri Photo"||Sameer Anjaan||Darshan Raval, Neeti Mohan, Akasa Singh||04:44|
|3.||"Bewajah"||Sameer Anjaan||Himesh Reshammiya||05:08|
|4.||"Tera Chehra"||Shabbir Ahmed||Arijit Singh||04:34|
|5.||"Haal-E-Dil" (male)||Sameer Anjaan||Sreerama||05:34|
|6.||"Haal-E-Dil" (female)||Sameer Anjaan||Neeti Mohan||05:24|
|7.||"Ek Number"||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya, Akasa Singh||04:20|
|8.||"Main Teri Yaadon Mein"||Subrat Sinha||Arijit Singh||04:16|
|9.||"Sanam Teri Kasam" (Reprise)||Sameer Anjaan||Mohammad Irfan Ali, Palak Muchhal||04:56|
The film grossed approximately ₹1.25 crore (US$170,000) on the first day of release, ₹4.66 crore (US$650,000) on the weekend and ₹9 crore (US$1.3 million) in the first week. The film was declared[by whom?] as average grosser at the box office.
- "Sanam Teri Kasam". Eros Now. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "SANAM TERI KASAM (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Joginder Tuteja (12 February 2016). "Box Office Report Of Ghayal Once Again, Airlift, Sanam Teri Kasam". koimoi. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "First look of Sanam Teri Kasam unveiled on Twitter". The Statesman. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Check Out The First Look Of Upcoming Love Story 'Sanam Teri Kasam'". koimoi.com. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "First look of Mawra Hocane's 'Sanam Teri Kasam' unveiled". The Express Tribune. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Mawra Hocane's debut Bollywood film 'Sanam Teri Kasam', trailer released". The News Teller. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Eros releases first look of Mawra's "Sanam Teri Kasam"". Daily Times (Pakistan). 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "First Look Revlead: 'Sanam Teri Kasam' Mawra & Harshvardhan Sizzling Romance". The Reveille. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Sanam Teri Kasam Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Ghayal Once Again, Sanam Teri Kasam to clash at box-office today". The Indian Express. 4 February 2016.
- Namrata Joshi. "Sanam Teri Kasam review: Where tears rule the screen". The Hindu.
- T-Series (23 February 2016). "TERAA SURROOR Full Songs (JUKEBOX) - Himesh Reshammiya, Farah Karimaee - T-Series". Retrieved 1 April 2018 – via YouTube.
- T-Series (19 March 2016). "BEKHUDI Full Video Song - TERAA SURROOR - Himesh Reshammiya, Farah Karimaee - T-Series". Retrieved 1 April 2018 – via YouTube.
- "Out now: Mawra's 'Sanam Teri Kasam' title track is a tearjerker". The Express Tribune. 22 December 2015. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "First glimpse of Mawra Hocane's debut film 'Sanam Teri Kasam' out". The News Teller. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Sanam Teri Kasam box office collections: Harshvardhan, Mawra Hocane starrer earns Rs. 4.66 cr. in its opening weekend". Indian Express. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 8 February 2016.