Sanbu District (山武郡 Sanbu-gun?) is a district located in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. As of January 2013, the district had a population of 49,488 and a population density of 369 persons per km². The total area is 134.1 square kilometres (51.8 sq mi).
Towns and villages
Elevation of Ōamishirasato to city status
During the early Meiji period establishment of the municipality system on April 1, 1889, the districts of Yamabe District (山辺郡 Yamabe-gun?) with 3 towns and 14 villages, and Musha District (武射郡 Musha-gun?) with 1 towns and 14 villages were created in what was formerly the north-eastern portion of Kazusa Province. The two districts were formally merged into the new Sanbu District on April 1, 1897.
- On March 27, 2006, the towns of Sanbu, Naruto, Hasunuma and Matsuo merged to form the new city of Sanmu.
- On March 27, 2006, the town of Yokoshiba merged with Hikari from Sōsa District to form the new town of Yokoshibahikari in Sanbu District.
- "山武郡" [Sanbu District]. Nihon Rekishi Chimei Taikei (in Japanese). Tokyo: Shogakukan. 2012. OCLC 173191044. dlc 2009238904. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- Ishii, Sōseki, ed. (May 2012). 平成25年１月１日 大網白里市誕生に向けて [Toward the formation of the city of Ōamishirasato on Jan. 1, 2013] (PDF). Hōkoku Ōamishirasato (in Japanese). Ōamishirasato-machi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan: Ōamishirasato-machi, Hissho Kōhōka, Kōhō Tōkeihan (541): 2. Retrieved 5/10/2012. Check date values in:
- Yoshimura, Kenji (3/2/2012). 大網白里町:名称「大網白里市」に来年１月 [Town of Ōamishirasato will be named "City of Ōamishirasato" in January 2013]. Mainichi Shinbun (in Japanese). Tokyo: Mainichi Newspapers. OCLC 10684368. Retrieved 5/10/2012. Check date values in:
- 新市へ５８年の歴史に幕 大網白里町で閉町式 [After 58 Years, a New City: a Ceremony for the Closing of the Town of Ōamishirasato]. Chiba Nippo (in Japanese). Chiba, Chiba Prefecture, Japan: Chiba Nippo Co., Ltd. 2012-12-29. Retrieved 2012-12-31.
|This Chiba Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|