Sanchita Shetty performing at the 61st Filmfare Awards South, Chennai
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Sanchita Shetty is an Indian film actress, who has appeared in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu films. After appearing in supporting roles, she got her first breakthrough after starring in female lead role in Soodhu Kavvum (2013).
She made her first film appearance in the Kannada an all-time Blockbuster hit film Mungaru Male as a friend to the film's female lead (Pooja Gandhi). In the next three years, she appeared in supporting roles in three Kannada films. She also appeared in a film titled Gaganachukki, which never released. She left the Kannada industry to work in Tamil and she was not willing to do anymore second lead roles. In 2012, she signed her first leading role in Kollaikaran.
Recognition and success (2012-present)
Shetty has played female lead character in Nalan Kumarasamy's black comedy Soodhu Kavvum which was a critical and commercial success, collecting over ₹50 crore (US$7.5 million) and it is to be considered biggest success in her career. She played an imaginary character in the film, which was received well. Sify wrote, "Sanchita Shetty as his (Vijay Sethupathy) girlfriend is smashing and delivers some one-liners with perfect lip sync". The film went on to be remade in several other Indian languages and Shetty expressed interest in reprising the role in its remakes as well.
In 2014, she signed a Kannada film after five years, Badmaash directed by Akash Srivatsa, which will see her playing a Radio Jockey. In September 2014, she stated that she had four films, among which one would be a bilingual.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2006||Mungaru Male||Nandini's friend||Kannada|
|2013||Soodhu Kavvum||Shalu / Shalini Gupta||Tamil|
|2013||Pizza II: Villa||Aarthi||Tamil|
|2018||Yenda Thalaiyila Yenna Vekkala||Ramya||Tamil|
- "Tamil Movies – New Tamil Movies – New Tamil Movies,Tamil News,Tamil movies".
- "'I don't believe in godfathers' - Bangalore Mirror -".
- "The story makes a star: Sanchita Shetty".
- "I'm afraid of the dark: Sanchita Shetty - Times of India".
- "Performance is the key". 11 December 2013 – via The Hindu.
- "Sify Movies - Review listing".
- "Keen to do 'Soodhu Kavvum' in other languages: Sanchita". 28 October 2013.
- "Sanchita Shetty makes a comeback to Sandalwood - Times of India".
- "'Being a Movie Buff Helps Me Understand Stories Well'".
- "Sanchita's next is Devdas Brothers — Times of India".